Cashier / Runner
- $12.00 Hourly
- Part Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Take food and beverage orders, process orders in point of sale system, collect payments, retrieve and serve food and beverages to Guests, courteously and efficiently, assist in maintenance of dining area.
Restaurant Manager and/or Shift Supervisor.
Team members will be required to work day and/or evening shifts, both weekdays and weekends, and on holidays.
- Minimum of 18 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages with food.
- 1 year experience as a cashier of a like or similar nature.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate verbal and written English with Guests, management and co-workers.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to maintain complete knowledge of the following:
- Dining room set up, number ordering system, room capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up and dress code of the restaurant.
- All liquor, beer, and non-alcoholic selections, pricing, correct glassware, presentations andgarnishes in the restaurant.
- Characteristics and descriptions of every juice, shake, cocktail and wine by the glass.
- All menu and seasonal items, taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, garnish, andmethod of presentation.
- State liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicatedpersons and drunk driving.
- Correct maintenance and use of food serving preparation equipment.
- Point-of-sale procedures.
- Credit card terminal procedures.
- Any previous culinary training.
- Certification in alcoholic awareness program.
- Computer training.
- Ability to understand Guests' service needs.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when providing service to Guest.
- Ability to focus attention to performance of tasks despite frequent, stressful or unusual interruptions.
- Ability to suggestively sell restaurant menu items, beverage and wines.
- Ability to prepare orders for Guests' food and beverage orders.
- Ability to converse calmly with Guests, co-workers or supervisors in tense emotional situations.
- Ability to transport food and beverage to Guests.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to assemble and disassemble tables, plateware, flatware and glassware to restaurant standards.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Complete opening duties as assigned, including the following:
- Check quality and quantity of all restaurant stock and supplies using checklist.
- Requisition all necessary supplies and transport from storeroom to dining room.
- Set tables according to service standards.
- Set all condiments (sugars, tea bags, creamers, etc.) and beverages (non-alcoholic)according to service standards.
- Ensure a sufficient supply of all flatware, glassware and china for service.
- Ensure cleanliness and condition of assigned station and service areas.
- Set up side station with supplies and equipment.
- Take Guests' food and beverage orders, utilizing suggestive selling techniques.
- Record Guest orders of following service procedures.
- Input order into point of sale system.
- Legibly document orders when point of sale system is inoperative and distribute orders to appropriatemanufacturing stations.
- Retrieve all alcoholic beverage items from bar and serve to Guest in accordance with restaurant standards.
- Make coffee in accordance with restaurant standards.
- Serve all food and non-alcoholic beverage items to Guest in accordance with restaurant standards.
- Anticipate Guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all Guests, however busy.
- Interact in courteous and professional manner with Guests, supervisors and co-workers.
- Interact with people beyond giving and receiving instructions, particularly in resolving Guest complaints.
- Follow supervisor's instructions.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Assist the bus/runner to ensure optimum service to Guests.
- Clear Guests’ tables throughout the dining experience in accordance with restaurant procedures.
- Remove soiled wares from tables as needed and transport to dishwashing area.
- Present Guest checks and process payments.
- Adhere to payment, cash handling and credit policies.
- Clean and reset tables immediately after Guest departs.
- Collect and report tips at the end of assigned shift.
- Complete closing duties, such as:
- Properly store all reusable goods.
- Clean all equipment as assigned.
- Restock all items for next service.
- Remove all dirty linen.
- Reset tables for next meal period.
- Complete all closing reports as assigned and leave duty after reporting to supervisor.
- Follow maintenance program and cleaning schedule.
- Update menus and wine lists.
- Notify management of any pertinent information related to shift activities.
In General - Approx. % Time Spent in each Function
Point of Sale Operation (taking orders, communicating with Guests) 40%
Communicating (with support crew and management) 18%
Serving drinks 15%
Serving food 15%
Sidework duties 5%
In General Approx. %Time Spent in each Function
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs., 10-20 is typical
- Ability to carry up to 120 feet
- Ability to reach up to 6 feet, 2-4 is typical
- Ability to work off counter heights of 36 42 inches
- Ability to move through 24 inch aisles and spaces as small as 12 inches
This description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a crewmember in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. This document does not create an employee contract, expressed, implied or otherwise, and does not alter the "at will" employment relationship of the employer and employee.