- $21.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
Join the high performance team behind Bulletproof Coffee to help elevate the Bulletproof cafe located in Santa Monica, CA. The Bulletproof store brings together Bulletproof Coffee, recipes, and products under one roof to provide a new on-the-go option directly to consumers. Bulletproof Coffee is designed to be the lowest toxin coffee available, to provide all day focus and energy without the crash and jitters commonly associated with coffee.
As a Kitchen Supervisor, you will oversee daily operations and managing the kitchen staff. In this role, you will help establish Bulletproof Coffee in the local community by making connections with customers and ensuring that they are served quality food in an efficient and friendly manner.
In addition to a healthy work/life balance and competitive salaries, we offer generous benefits options including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, bulletproof.com store credit, product discounts and more!
- Key Responsibilities:
• Ensure proper staffing levels for entire kitchen staff on bi-weekly basis.
• Oversee, line cook, kitchen prep staff, and dishwasher, providing performance feedback and discipline as needed
• Oversee inventory and ordering
• Manage proper rotation of ingredients ensuring food is maintained at correct temperatures for food quality and safety
• Provide training and ongoing professional development of team members
• Effectively communicate with retail management for efficient operations without issue
• Ensure compliance with food and workplace safety procedures
• Maintain food quality standards as directed by the company
• Ensure cleanliness of the kitchen passing Health Department audits, and training staff on proper sanitation guidelines
• Interviewing and hiring talented kitchen team members
• Other duties as assigned by the Store Manager
- Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 2 years of kitchen management experience
• Valid Los Angeles County Food Handling Certificate required
• Advanced knowledge of food service procedures and functions
• Advanced knowledge of safety rules for kitchen
• Demonstrates good judgment and decision making skills
• Ability to multi-task, yet remain focused in a fast-paced environment with constant interruptions
• Displays strong organizational skills by keeping work schedules, shipments, cleaning schedules, etc. on track
- About You:
• You're available to work mornings on weekdays, weekends and/or holidays
• You have a friendly, welcoming personality and are able to communicate clearly with co-workers, managers and customers
• You're able to juggle many projects simultaneously and prioritize the most critical among them
• You're able to maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
• You're able to meet physical requirements of the job, including: Constant standing/walking; occasional stooping, kneeling or crawling; occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs; occasional ascending/descending of ladders, stairs, or ramps; constant usage of computer/POS Register and bar equipment; frequent, continual, or intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine; constant reaching, turning, and performing precision work around bar area; constant reception of detailed information through oral communication; constant talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; occasional identification of differences or similarities in intensity or quality of flavors and/or odors with a high degree of accuracy; constant clarity of vision at near and/or far distances
This is a full-time position working with amazing people. Maximum fun, maximum knowledge, and maximum performance, are a part of the job description, and you’ll get to work with the team on a regular basis to upgrade your game, your mental performance, and your life. This is also a great opportunity to grow with the company.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Bulletproof is a group of high performance experienced entrepreneurs and biohackers working to upgrade human performance with industry-leading supplements, coffee, products and technology. We’re passionate about sharing actionable, accurate, science-backed information that changes people’s lives every day. While our culture is casual and our schedules flexible, everyone on the team is smart, focused and driven.