Donor Floor Technician - Bilingual Spanish (Part-Time)
- $12.50 Hourly
- Part Time
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
Please note that we recruit for this position on an on-going basis in order to build a talent pool of potential candidates. When a position becomes available, we will review applicants at that time. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Scantibodies Laboratory, Inc
We are looking for Part-Time Donor Floor Technicians (20-28 hours per week) for morning and evening shifts.
Morning Shift: Anytime between 7:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Evening Shift: Anytime between 3:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
The Donor Floor Technician is responsible for efficient and effective collection of plasma from donors by setting up machines, monitoring the plasmapheresis process and following Standard Operating Procedures.
- Reviews donor charts for accuracy and completeness.
- Labels and ensures each unit and samples are labeled accurately.
- Set-up and prepare all equipment and disposable supplies for venipuncture and plasmapheresis procedures.
- Operate the automated plasmapheresis machines including response and evaluation of all alarms and machine errors, documentation of exceptions, etc.
- Removes and/or replaces equipment from service.
- Monitor donors and equipment operations to ensure donor safety and quality of product.
- Dispose of all contaminated disposable equipment.
- Ensure proper sanitation and cleaning of equipment and work area between donors.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly calibration/maintenance of automated plasmapheresis machines.
- Ensure donor confidentiality.
- Maintain thorough familiarity with all State and Federal Regulations, Standard Operating Procedures, OSHA, CLIA, cGMP, and internal company procedures.
- Maintain general cleanliness of work area to ensure a clean and professional environment.
- Maintain/stock adequate inventory and replenish supplies on plasma carts.
- Report all unsafe situations or conditions to donor floor supervisor and/or management.
Laboratory Equipment, such as plasmapheresis machine, hematostats, needles.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Strong customer service skills are essential. Ability to understand and follow protocol is required.
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Able to make accurate and complete documentation.
- Must be available to work flexible days and hours when necessary.
Working Conditions/Physical & Mental Demands:
Environmentally controlled lab areas of donor center. May be required to enter an environment with a temperature of -30°C for short periods of time.Ability to stand for extended periods of time
Ability to tug, lift, and pull up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
Occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens.
Must be able to distinguish machine alarms from background noise.
Manual dexterity to perform all phases of donor plasmapheresis and be physically able to operate plasmapheresis machine.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Must wear personal protective clothing (PPE) such as lab coats, gloves, and face shields at all times when working in production areas.
Must be able to work in fast paced environment and multi-task.