- $15.00 Hourly
- Part Time
- Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Health Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Baja Cantina opened its doors in September 1975 in a building that was built in the 1940's as apartments to house the men working on the oil wells in the area. The building was used as residences until the early 1960's when it gradually became home to several little businesses.
Baja Cantina was originally a hobby store & flower shop before it was transformed into the Mexican Restaurant that we all know & enjoy today. The early 90's saw Baja expand, absorbing the old location of the Brown Bagger, a breakfast and lunch spot.
Today we are happy to serve the Marina del Rey area. We have spent decades making history here & look forward to spending decades more serving food & drinks with love!
We are looking for a competent Food expeditor to help keep a smooth workflow between the kitchen and the tables. You will work in a fast-paced environment to get proper orders out faster and more efficiently.
As food expeditor, you must have excellent communication skills and experience in a restaurant’s hectic setting. You must have enough stamina to be in constant motion and skills to coordinate and organize processes and people.
The goal is to make service faster and better to help enhance our quality and reputation.
- Ensure the efficient flow of orders from the servers to the kitchen
- Ensure orders are being prepared with the correct priority
- Assist in the final preparation of dishes
- Check dishes before delivery for accuracy, presentation and temperature
- Deliver orders to maintain fast service
- Eliminate obstacles in service, food preparation lines or dishwashing
- Inspect the premises according to quality and sanitation standards and assist in cleaning
- Transfer important information between the kitchen and the service staff (e.g. when a customer has a particular request)
- Handle complaints from clients to preserve the restaurant’s reputation
- Support other tasks as needed
- Proven experience as food expeditor or other restaurant position
- Understanding of health and safety rules in a restaurant
- Dexterity in using kitchen equipment or utensils and carry heavy trays
- Well-organized and ability to lead and direct people
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Outstanding coordination and multi-tasking abilities
- A customer-oriented approach
- Great physical endurance
- High school diploma; Higher degree in hospitality or relevant field will be appreciated
- Food handling certification may be required according to legal regulations