- Depends on experience
- Part Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Have you ever wanted to play a part in making someone’s special day become a reality? Our company of people-pleasers all have one thing in common; they love to be part of a team that allows them to do just that. It’s why we’ve won so many awards, locally and internationally, and continue to be Central PA’s premier catering company.
We don’t just take care of our clients, however. We take care of our employees, too, through constant support of their personal goals and dreams and allowing them to be themselves while doing it.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service and play a vital role in a client’s special event.
- Swiftly serve guests plates filled to the brim with flavorful food - always with a smile! After they've had their fill, clear away dirty dishes to make the seating tables shine. You bringeth the yummy, and taketh the crummy.
- Put your own knack for event design to use by setting up one of our many creative food or beverage stations. Be a Picasso without the bad ending.
- Connect with our client(s), and build genuine relationships with people from all walks of life.
- Pick things up and put them down. Flex your muscle by packing and loading event supplies. Don’t worry- nothing’s too heavy!
- PASSION and enthusiasm for events and more importantly- the people that are part of them.
- Providing outstanding customer service to leave an everlasting impression to our clients. A good impression, to clarify.
- Detail-oriented. After all, sincerity through detail is what separates us from your average caterer.
- Able to lift 25lbs on a regular basis. Also, able to lift 750 lbs on an irregular basis but this is not required. Also, we recommend applying somewhere that takes advantage of that if you can do that. You’re really strong.
- Reliable transportation. Pappy’s treasured rickshaw he left in his shed probably doesn’t count.
- Excellent communication skills- you must be able to talk good. We mean, talk well.
- Enthusiastic team player. We do everything as a team here at JDK, even knit. We get in the zone.
- Well-groomed/presentable. We’re sorry, ahead of time, if you’re in the middle of boycotting the “evil shower corporations” you keep trying to enlighten everyone about.
Other Pertinent Job Information:
- Event Server is a part-time position, but promotion is a large component of JDK. We take your dreams very seriously, and we’ll help you take steps in achieving them.
- Nights and weekends in this business are required, you party animals.
Check out some of the events you could be a part in producing by visiting the video links below:
The JDK Group Catering & Events is Central PA’s premier catering and event-planning company where clients, and their special life moments, come first. Since 1987, we’ve continued to reinvent the standards for events and hospitality for the areas surrounding Harrisburg, Lancaster, and York. With over 25 years of event management experience and the ability to plan a celebration for 15 to 15,000 people, our talented a passionate team offers exceptional guest service, incredible fresh food, and innovative event design.
At JDK, we pride ourselves on being a passionate team. In fact, we’ve promoted 75% of our current team in-house. It’s why our customers expect nothing less than an amazing event from us. We set a very high standard for ourselves, and constantly innovate by embracing, not fearing, change.
JDK also offers a 401k with up to a 4% match after 1 year with 1,000 hours for our Part-Time Warehouse workers, as well as free lunches.
One employee wrote:
“What I love about JDK is that the team is amazing.I have found a new passion in the catering business. It’s also awesome that there are tons of opportunities to move up within the company, from server to sales rep. My favorite thing is wedding season. I love making people happy with my drinks! I really do get paid to party!”
So, if you’re interested in being part of our creative and diverse event-planning team, please attach a cover letter and resume.