Service Shift Leader
- $15.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Likely to Respond
Are you a superstar? Are you the smartest and hardest worker on your team? Do you care more than anyone else around you? Do you love to work in a clean environment? If you answered “Yes!” then we’re looking for you to be our next Service Shift Leader!
Central Kitchen has been open for over 5 years -- we're a 130-seat upscale-casual counter-service restaurant located inside The Lorenzo -- a recently-constructed 900-unit luxury apartment complex located at 325 West Adams Blvd. between Grand and Flower near USC and LA Trade Tech.
We serve three meals per day, seven days a week. Our fresh California-style menu features artisan sandwiches, crisp salads, hearty soups, quality pizza, upscale burgers, savory side dishes, wholesome breakfasts, nutritious smoothies, premium coffee drinks, frozen yogurt and more. Our guests order for dine-in and take-out, as well as delivery to their apartments.
The Central Kitchen Service Shift Leader is our head Team Member who exemplifies leadership qualities as a top-level performer skilled in all service positions with the responsibility of running the shift, training new employees and opening and/or closing the restaurant for the day.
Pay is commensurate with experience and starts at $15 per hour plus tips.
A Lead takes ownership of their shift by providing an exceptional guest experience and abiding by all Central Kitchen policies while setting an example for Team Members. The Shift Lead will problem solve in real time and keep open communication between:
- Kitchen & Service Staff
- Team Members, Managers, Owner, and Guests
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome & are given responsive, friendly and courteous service always
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of our menu items and can explain them to guests accurately
- Uphold health and safety standards
- Properly allocate staff meal breaks
- Read and communicate through the log notes
- Ensure the cleanliness of the restaurant and delegate side work tasks
- Count cash trays and prepare nightly deposit
- Be the final check of food quality before serving guests
- Maintain a professional appearance
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- A minimum of 2 years fast-casual or quick-serve restaurant operations experience
- A flexible schedule; evenings and weekends are a must
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with all team members
- Strong communication skills to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and employees
- Exceptional customer relations and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and verbal English skills, Spanish is a plus
- Have a current Food Handler's card
- Experience with PC and restaurant POS systems