- $16.32 Hourly
- Part Time
- Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Purpose for the Position:
To ensure safety and resolve problems arising from guests’ complaints, reservation and room assignment activities, and unusual requests and inquiries; to maintain a high quality of services offered to guests through management of the functional areas of reservations, guest registration, bell services, telephone services and guest accounting so as to maintain established operational standards and maximize profits of the hotel. Concierge services and garage services may also report to this position.
- Escorts incoming/outgoing hotel guests to rooms/vehicles upon request.
- Assists guests with luggage upon request.
- Inspects guest’s room to ensure that it is in order and that supplies are adequate.
- Explains features of room such as operation of radio, television, telephone, and in-room movie system, etc.
- Offers information pertaining to available services and facilities of hotel, points of interest and entertainment options
- Delivers messages and runs errands.
- Picks up articles for laundry and valet service, and call taxi, Uber or Lyft for guests.
- Removes trash, plates, glasses, silverware, and bottles from hallways while conducting security rounds.
- Keep record of calls for service, as needed.
- Deliver packages, suitcases and trunks, and may set up sample rooms, as needed.
- Thirty (30) minute radio checks with the Front Office Supervisor is expect during every work shift.
- Performs three (3) complete hotel sweeps with the Security Wand, scanning all 44 points of interest, prints the daily report at end of shift and places the report in the security binder.
- Recognizes potentially dangerous situations and responds in the safest and most efficient manner.
- Sets up and rolls out complimentary Coffee Service each day at 430am or until Starbuck’s barista is operating.
- Ensures the security, safety, and well-being of all personnel, guests, and the premises.
- Responds to emergencies to provide necessary assistance to employees and guests.
- Security Shift is from 10:30 pm to 07:00 am. Leaving early is not permitted without written permission from a Manager or Supervisor.
- Protects the company’s assets relative to theft, assault, fire and other safety issues.
- Sleeping while clocked in for your scheduled work shift is not permitted and can lead to immediate job termination.
- All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
Read and interpret business security and safety information.
Analyze and interpret policies established by administrators.
Understand the government regulations covering business operations.
Deal with the general public, customers, employees, union and government officials with tact and courtesy.
Speak and write clearly.
Accept the full responsibility of the job as a security.