Sous Chef & All Kitchen Positions
- $13.00 - $22.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
We are seeking an experienced Executive Sous Chef to join the team at our recipe-driven, upscale, rapidly growing, high volume restaurant. Our Executive Sous Chef will be responsible for food preparation and be following all recipes to company specifications.
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all policies/culinary procedures/standards.
2. Arrive to work on time, as scheduled, with all necessary equipment, supplies and properly attired (or Uniformed) to begin work according to company standards
3. Supervise the setup and breakdown of workstation
4. Coordinate employee meal preparation on rotation
5. Work with executive chef on any new menu items and kitchen issues
6. Attends all pre-shift meetings
7. Close down kitchen at night
8. Ensure all food is wrapped and properly stored
9. Ensure coolers are properly secured
10. Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
11. Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy
12. Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgments
13.Maintain knowledge of:
a) All recipes
b) Portion control
c) Product specifications
d) Health codes
e) Safety procedures
f) Sanitation codes
1. Some English required. Bi-Lingual Skills
2. Professional appearance and attitude
3. 3-5 years experience in a high end/fine dining restaurant setting
4. Satisfactorily communicate, management and co-workers
1. Must be able to stay on feet for up to 8 hours throughout work shift.
2. Must be able to bend and stoop to the floor.
3. Must be able to push, pull and reach for items
Do you love jazz, great music & delicious food? Join our team for the newest restaurant in Greenport.