High Volume Pastry Cook / Production Cook
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Who we are:
Inspired by Old World European café culture and a distinctly LA casual elegance, the Bottega Louie Restaurant, Gourmet Market & Patisserie provides a Guest experience that is as formal and luxurious as it is relaxed and accessible. With over 16,000 reviews on Yelp and credited as one of the most Instagrammed restaurants in the country, the Bottega Louie environment is one in which cuisine, service, and ambiance provide a superior Guest experience.
As an employee at Bottega Louie, you will work in a team environment where everyone strives for excellence. We offer competitive salary and benefit packages and an opportunity for growth and development for each employee. We pride ourselves on our fast-paced culture that is supported by leaders who propel you to your full potential. Come to Bottega Louie to work with some of the finest individuals in the industry and a chance to create luxury products enjoyed by thousands of Guests.
Bottega Louie is growing and we are looking for Pastry Cooks that are looking to grow with us! We will be opening our second location in West Hollywood, CA in the Fall. As a Bottega Louie Pastry Cook, you are fundamental to the success of the company. The Bottega Louie brand is a diverse, bold, and vibrant visual language which is most profoundly seen in our exquisite pastries and elegantly packaged market products.
- Your primary function at Bottega Louie will be to maintain the quality and consistency of our luxury products with a considered purpose and a strong attention to detail
- You are responsible for daily production of fine pastries sold in our Patisserie
- As a Pastry Cook, you will need the ability to coordinate daily responsibilities with the Pastry team and uphold brand standards to deliver consistent products
- Prepare recipes to company specifications under the direction of the Pastry Management Team
- Master recipe(s) execution for working station within the pastry commissary
- Keep recipes and job aides within the standards of the Bottega Louie brand
- Follow safety and sanitation practices when executing daily tasks and recipes
- Keep all product in rotation following First In First Out (FIFO)
- Label all items with correct dates, labels and expiration disposing of any non-quality items
- Communicate daily with the chef about waste, production schedule, quantities and quality control
- Notify management team of low par levels or out of stock items
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen when setting up and breaking down assigned station(s)
- Treat all equipment and smallwares with care
- Communicate daily with the chef on any equipment issues or items that will affect the quality of the items produced
- Demonstrate leadership by displaying job expertise, flexibility, positive attitude, initiative, organization, communication skills and enthusiasm
Knowledge & Experience:
- A preferred one (1) year of experience in a similar position, ideally in high volume production (hotel or restaurant) kitchens with technical skills in European pastries, pastry prep & finishing, macaron production and techniques
- A team player, high-energy, dedicated individual with a passion for baking
- Must have CA Food Handlers Card
- Can stand & walk six to eight-hour shifts. Ability to lift or move up to 50lbs
- A flexible schedule for early morning shifts, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Culinary Degree preferred, but not required