Facilities and Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
- $40K - $50K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
We are a busy flower shop in West Hollywood seeking an experience Facilities & Fleet Maintenance Supervisor. Must be able to handle multiple, conflicting priorities. Must be able to communicate and support the company’s policies and procedures to employees in a positive manner. Must be able to follow directions from a supervisor. Must be able to interact with coworkers. Must be able to understand and follow posted work rules and procedures. Must be able to accept constructive criticism. Must be able to lead and manage others. Job needs very day-to-day. Employee must be flexible and have the ability to self-motivate.
- Perform proper plant care maintenance for both inside and outside product (i.e., watering and trimming foliage and blooms on potted plants, etc.).
- Monitor cooler and display area temperature to ensure product quality; report refrigeration failure immediately.
- Participate actively in the control of shrink by keeping accurate records of product dumped, lost, or damaged, and minimizing waste on product and supplies.
- Keep all floral merchandise rotated in accordance with company policy and product code dates and always makes use of the oldest products first (first in, first out).
- Twice weekly pick up from flower market/Quality Control all floral orders and compare to invoice/order placed for accuracy
- Develop and implement shop inventory program. This includes shop supplies and vases.
- Account for inventory, security and expense control of the department; maintain accurate records of receiving.
- Maintain buildings and grounds in excellent condition, including cooler maintenance, garden, lighting, security cameras and building maintenance (pressure washing, leaf blowing)
- Establish and maintain preventative and routine maintenance programs for building interior and exterior. Record information in computer tracking programs
- Create a budget for upcoming year for needed repairs and anticipated purchasing needs (new purchases as directed by department heads)
- Supervise the employees in the maintenance department by hiring employees, planning work assignments, directing activities, providing formal and informal performance feedback, and handling corrective actions as needed to ensure the department meets its goals and objectives.
- Investigates work-related accidents that occur within his/her scope of responsibility and completes required reports and paperwork. Identifies safety hazards and sees that they are corrected as quickly as possible.
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance plans for all equipment in the facility. Coordinate work schedules with operations personnel to ensure minimum down time.
- Provide hands-on assistance with maintenance and repair activities as needed.
- May perform facilities duties i.e. carpentry and painting.
- Oversee the maintenance of vehicles, machinery, and equipment. Recommend equipment changes to improve overall results for the department.
- Establish and maintain preventative and routine maintenance programs for all Company vehicles and equipment. Record information in computer tracking programs
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to write routine reports and correspondence. Must be able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Bilingual English/Spanish helpful.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
- Personal computer and email.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
Applicants responding to this posting must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States and a valid driver's license. Competitive salary, benefits, 401K after 6 months.