- $13.00 - $14.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Applicants must be 18 or older to apply
Restaurant Cook Job Purpose:
- Cook is to efficiently execute single recipes or batches, in accordance with the Chef’s prep chart as well as spec sheets. Clean and reset area after each preparation and assist wherever needed and to run/restock food. Cook upholds the standards and cleanliness as outlined by the Food & Beverage Department Guidelines.
- Competitive pay: $13-$14 hourly
- Employee discounts
- Free shift meals
- Flexible scheduling
- A great working environment
Must be 18 or older to apply.
Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
- Cook and package batches of food, which are prepared to order.
- Cook the exact number of items ordered by each customer, working on several different orders simultaneously.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Measure and mixes ingredients required for specific food items being prepared.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, fryers, or griddles.
- Pre-cook items in order to prepare them for later use.
- Prepare specialty foods such as pizzas , sandwiches, following specific methods that usually require short preparation time, specs and quantity determined by the Chef.
- Read food order slips as to food required by patron, and prepare and cook food according to instructions.
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking.
- Clean, stock, and restock workstations and display cases.
- Order and take delivery of supplies.
- Schedule activities and equipment use with managers, using information about daily menus to help coordinate cooking times.
- Serve orders to customers at windows or counters
- Cooks have to make sure they observe all of the food-safety requirements established by an organization. At times, dishwashers are called on to assist the cook with certain procedures and techniques regarding food preparation and service. Some dishwashers have to provide service and attention to the back storage areas, as well as the coolers and freezers.
- Cooks must be able to tolerate the heat when the dish-washing machines are running. They also have to be able to stand harsh chemicals and cleaners, such as oven cleaner and general cleaning solutions that help sanitize a kitchen area.
We were raised on the Mediterranean Diet, one of the healthiest ways of eating in the world: pasta, bread, fruit and vegetables are our daily choice. We prefer to eat together because a shared table is an everyday celebration. We do it with pleasure because our food is Good for You and Good for the Planet. That’s why eating well in a Barilla Restaurant comes naturally. Because we prepare the same recipes that Italians eat every day, 7 days a week