Host / Hostess
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Socalo is a growing company with a small, tight knit group of dedicated individuals that are passionate about food, beverage, and service. We are looking for a dedicated, organized host(ess) who enjoys working as part of a team in a fast-paced culinary environment. Due to staffing needs, the host(ess) is expected to work weekends, nights, and holidays. Above all, the host(ess) will conduct themselves in a way reflecting the culture and philosophy of Socalo.
We are looking for a professional host(ess) to greet customers upon arrival at Socalo and engage with guests to ensure their experience is as good as it should be. You should be comfortable standing for long periods of time and managing a busy shift.
- Greeting guests as they enter and putting them on a waiting list as necessary.
- Providing guests with menus and answering any initial questions.
- Seating guests at tables or in waiting areas.
- Assigning guests to tables they prefer, while keeping table rotation in mind so that servers receive the right number of customers.
- Engaging with guests to ensure they're happy with food and service.
- Responding to complaints and helping to resolve them.
- Answering phone calls, taking reservations and answering questions.
- A knowledge of the menu.
- Helping with other positions in the restaurant as needed.
- Providing great customer service.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to provide top notch customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive attitude and ability work well under pressure with all restaurant staff.
- Does high-quality work while unsupervised.
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food when necessary.
- Willing to follow instructions and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Able to handle money accurately and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Able to work in a busy restaurant environment.
- Restaurant experience a plus.