Assistant Restaurant Manager
Mariposa Sedona, AZ
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
- Responsible for assisting in the management of all aspects of the restaurant, dining room and function rooms.
- Assists Restaurant Manager in the Direction and maintenance of a service and management philosophy which guides and leads team members.
- Active Food Handlers Card required.
- Previous experience in fine dining restaurant management.
- Act as assistant to the restaurant manager in all of their duties at the request of the restaurant manager.
- Assist in POS administration; Review Sales for previous day; resolve issues with accounting.
- Act as back up to the host/hostess in the restaurant during dinner or lunch service.
- Help manage the floor during the dinner or lunch service as assigned by the restaurant manager or in lieu of the manager in his/her absence.
- Plan and implement floor logistics including server and busser sections, table settings and guests special requests.
- Ensure servers and bussers have and equitable and fair distribution of guests in a well paced environment.
- Make sure sidework is assigned and completed by servers and bussers both at the beginning and end of service.
- Make sure dining room, bus stations, storage area and bathrooms are ready for service.
- Communicate misconduct or other staff problems to General Manager and/or Owner.
- Monitor staff for tardiness, readiness to work, assign side work as needed.
- Conduct with the restaurant manager or in lieu of pre-shift staff meeting to discuss specials, work assignments, and pertinent issues.
- Review and take reservations with host and follow up on special requests and pre assign tables if needed.
- Cover or make sure all closing duties are done.
- Make sure POS tables are closed, send credit card batch at end of service.
- Ensure lights are all off, all doors secure, kitchen equipment, soup warmer, bread warmer, hood system are all turned off.
- Arm alarm.
- Good verbal and written Communication skills.
- Pleasant personality which allows the ability to multi-task between customers, staff, and back of the house.
- Organized and willing to be back up to the restaurant manager in all situations.
- Meal plan/free food
- Health insurance for all full time employees
- 401k and vacation pay for all employees after 1 year
- 25% off health club membership
- Sick pay