- $10.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Position Description: CASHIERS
The CASHIER is responsible for fulfilling orders and completing sales transactions within our establishment as well as performing other support functions as directed by the business or as assigned by management. You must have excellent customer service experience and a great smile. This is the starting point for all customers at Wings 'N' Things and it is the responsibility of the Cashier to maintain a fun, engaged and useful attitude while providing insight and recommendations to the customer. This is a non-exempt position and typically reports to the Store Manager.
* Greets customers and takes food orders; provides information about products and looks for an opportunity to make a lasting impression
* Prepares all completed food orders to be delivered to customer (take out and dine-in)
* Operates a cash register and receives payment from customers in cash or credit card, accurately counts and provides change to customers as required, and follows all customer service and cash handling policies and procedures
* Cleans and stocks customer area
* Follows our operational policies and procedures, including those for safety and security, to ensure the safety of all team members during each shift
* Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the entire team
Minimum Qualifications for all positions, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
* Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
* Requires the ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
* Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
*Requires the ability to learn and maintain knowledge of Wings 'N' Things products and procedures
*Some cash handling and customer service experience preferred
*Flexible schedule -- Must be available for a minimum of 3 shifts a week
Our Company Philosophy: Your Wing Spot Since 1982
We are authentic New Yorkers – rooted in our history, genuine and original. First to San Diego directly from New York, circa 1982.
We are committed to the absolute best, freshest all-natural chicken that is tender, juicy and has never been frozen.
We maintain neighborhood locations all over San Diego, which are conveniently located and strive to be a positive force in the community.
Our team employs flexibility, hospitality and a straightforward approach to make your dining experience the best we can.
Our goal is simple, really. Wings-N-Things wants to continue to be Your Wing Spot, for now and for the future.