Director of Regional Development
- $60K - $75K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Full Time/Non-Exempt/Salary Based on Experience
The Statewide Director of Regional Development (DRD) position is responsible for relationship development and engagement within the regions outside of the designated CRA chapters (Sacramento, Fresno, Orange Co., Los Angeles. Also refered to as “unincorporated areas”) with the goal of increasing CRA awareness and membership penetration. The DRD reports to the Vice President of Membership. The DRD is a results-oriented person with a strong background in customer service, event planning, and relationship management. An understanding of and prior work experience in the foodservice or government affairs industry is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the grass-roots creation and development of CRA brand awarness through local engagement in unincorported areas , eventually resulting in an increase in membership in the CRA.
- Planning and conducting informational events that bring local industry members and prospects together to coordinate efforts that support the local CRA Lobbist and the Government Affairs Department.
- Work closely with the Product Development + Traning Manager and the Partner Care Manager to provide educational seminars and trainings for members and prospects in the unincorporated areas.
- Creating opportunities for CRA partner engagement and exposure in the unincorporated areas, working together with Partnership Manager.
- Work with local industry members who are interested in leading a Regional Alliance (a region-specific group of members who wish to have an organized structure associated with the California Restaurant Association, based on common interests and goals) to help set the structure for a successful, sustainable coalition.
- Responsible for generating membership leads in unincorporated areas and sharing those leads with the Member Development Managers in a timely manner.
- Responsible to travel to assigned meetings, activities and events as directed in the assigned region (approximately 50% of time will be travel).
- Responsible for entering and maintaining correct member information into the CRA database, and for keeping an accurate and current record of all contact with the members and prospective members.
- Adhere to CRA policies and procedures within the Membership Department and the Association.
- Responsible for all other assignments as defined by the Vice President of Membership including CRA brand expansion via networking opportunities, support for Government Affairs grassroots efforts, creating CRA partner engagement opportunities.
- Identify prospective members within assigned region, and relaying information to the Member Development Managers.
- Responsible for achieving prescribed regional and departmental goals. To include budget management, and creation and support of a Regional Alliance Program.
- Cooperation and collaboration with all CRA team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Requires excellent communication and customer service skills and exceptional follow-through. Work experience in the restaurant or hospitality industry is a plus. Associates degree, bachelor’s degree preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write professional correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to members, prospective members and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Must have excellent administrative, computer, organizational, multi-tasking and interpersonal skills. Be a team player and show a commitment to excellence.