Event Service Manager
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Likely to Respond
Purpose for the Position:
The Event Service Manager is responsible for preparing all event documentation and coordinates with Sales, property departments and customers to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-event, event and post-event phases of property events. The Event Service Manager handles events of average to high complexity. There is a balanced focus on managing social events, weddings and corporate meetings/events. This person will ensure that all catering events have a seamless turnover from sales to service and will coordinate all details once the client has confirmed their event with the sales manager.
- The Event Service Manager greets customer in a timely manner upon receiving a file for an upcoming event to introduce oneself as the onsite event contact.
- Participates in customer meetings for assigned groups to plan all details of the event with guidance from his/her supervisor.
- Participates in customer site inspections/tastings and assists with the sales process as necessary.
- Assist with client walk-ins – check space and availability (block space if necessary) in Sales Manager absence.
- The Event Service Manager uses his/her judgment to integrate current trends in event management and event design.
- Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and determines how to best work with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
- Greets clients at each assigned event including Weddings (if necessary) and works with Banquet Event Operations to execute events.
- The Event Service Manager ensures billing accuracy and conducts bill reviews with the clients prior to processing the final bill.
- Solicits feedback from the property departments to identify areas for improvement to enhance the Event Planner’s experience.
- Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service for Property Events
- Delivers excellent customer service throughout the experience and encourages all associates to do the same.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Coordinates and communicates event details both verbally and in writing to the customer and property operations.
- Makes presence known to customer at all times during this process.
- The Event Service Manager works with his/her supervisor to oversee the customer experience from file turnover through the post event phase until turnover back to sales.
- Follows-up with customer post-event and sends Event Survey (if applicable).
- Responds to and works with Sales Manager to handle guest problems and complaints.
- Participates in weekly BEO and Sales/Catering Meeting.
- Uses personal judgment and expertise to enhance the customer experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Originate and carry out sales campaigns.
- Create new ways of presenting information that will attract peoples’ attention.
- Speak and write clearly and convincingly.
- Frequently change from one activity to another, for example, writing a speech, giving a speech, and writing a report of campaign progress.
- Understand how different kinds of people react to words, pictures and color.
- Work with all kinds of people Plan and organize the work of others.
WCG offers many benefits including:
- Sick Time
- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision)& Other Supplemental Benefits
- On-Shift Employee Lunch
- EAP, Hotel Discounts
- LifeMart Discounts.
Hilton and or hotel/catering sales prefereed.
Thank you for your interest in working for Windsor Capital Group, Inc. (WCG). Our culture fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where our team members come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire to contribute to the overall success of the organization.
Applicant instructions: If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodations in completing an application form or during any phase of the interview process, please alert the hiring manager and/or the Human Resources department and every effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a reasonable way and time.
EEOC Disclaimer: WCG Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
E-Verify Disclaimer: WCG Hotels participates in the E-Verify program.
We would like to inform you that due to the volume of applicants we will only contact the candidates that are qualified for the position(s) applied.
Internal candidates interested in applying for an internal opening, please see Human Resources for a job transfer application. All job transfers must be approved by direct department Manager and General Manager. Other restrictions apply.