Restaurant General Manager/ Ops Manager
- $55K - $65K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Likely to Respond
We have amazing ground floor opportunities in a rapidly growing family/children themed restaurant concept. We are looking for an experienced General Manager/Ops Mnabager to join our team. We are poised for rapid expansion nationally and internationally. If you believe you have the experience and desire to work in a fast paced restauranut that caters to families and young children then this could be a great opportunity for you! Giggles N Hugs has been voted the #1 family restaurant and play space in couther California!
We are searching for a high energy, experienced leader to manage all aspects of daily operations of our two San Fernando Valley locations ( Glendale Galleria and Topanga Mall). This candidate will hire and train exceptional team members; manage performance and supervise entire staff to ensure guests have an exceptional experience. Monitor dining room and kitchen to ensure smooth operations and guest satisfaction. Actively markets and promotes sales; plays a critical role in the sales, planning and execution of children’s on-site and off-site birthday parties and events.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Operational Execution/Quality Assurance
- Recruit, interview, hire, on-board and train staff according to Giggles N' Hugs standards and procedures
- Assess staffing needs and ensure scheduling is planned according to business levels
- Regularly review upcoming party/event function sheets and have thorough understanding of all requirements on upcoming scheduled events
- Provide special events staff with a copy of each function sheet to gain a thorough understanding of event specifications prior to the function
- Inspect event room prior to the start of each function – check room setup, menu, service staff, etc. conforms to the function sheet.
- Perform Open/Mid-Day/Closing duties
- Attend to necessary repairs, maintenance and cleanliness issues
- Manage safety & sanitation audit process and implement necessary changes
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed as needed and labor cost objectives are met
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Achieve company objectives in service, quality, appearance of facility, sanitation and cleanliness
- Maintain/improve guest satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing service, food, beverage offerings
- Respond to guest comments, complaints, suggestions for improvements in a timely manner whether communicated directly or through social media platforms
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations
- Ability to build relationships and create guest loyalty
- Contribute products & services to appropriate community based charities and selectively participate in community events
- Establish restaurant business plan by surveying restaurant demand; conferring with people in the community; identifying and evaluating competitors; preparing financial, marketing, and sales projections, analysis and estimates
- Meets restaurant financial objectives though effective planning, analysis, initiating corrective actions; establish and monitor financial controls; develop and implement strategies to increase birthday party bookings
- Attract guests by developing and implementing marketing, advertising, public and community relations programs; evaluating program results; identifying and tracking changing demands
- Set weekly birthday party & catering sales targets and oversee/coach Party & Catering Sales Coordinator in all party sale SOP’s
- Actively grow market share through aggressive grass roots marketing/social media
- Control purchases, costs and inventory; negotiate prices with vendors; review and evaluate usage reports; analyze variances; take corrective actions as needed
- Monitor and manage food and labor costs
- Monitor and manage turn-over
Team Member Relations
- Foster a fun, upbeat, happy environment through a positive management style
- Facilitate and participate in continuous development of management and staff
- Solicit feedback /suggestions from team members on an on-going basis and when possible implement changes and improvements
- Facilitate retention and recognition of top performers
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven history of successfully managing multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Strong working knowledge of restaurant cost controls and P&L management
- Ability to develop budgets, cost accounting, manage profitability, financial and strategic planning
- Highly motivated, strong organizational and problem solving skills with a passion for the details
- High level of personal integrity, professionalism and maturity; lead by example, take accountability and focus on results
- Ability to gather, absorb and retain information quickly
- Ability to motivate, delegate and direct hourly team members and management team
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a focus on respect and effective communication
- Event planning experience preferred
- Passionate commitment to guest service
- Minimum 4 years of restaurant management experience
- Current ServeSafe Certification (preferred) or Health Dept. approved Food Safety Certification
- Strong knowledge and track record of managing Responsible Alcohol Service (NRA Certication preferred)
- Strong knowledge of Cal/OSHA laws and regulations
- Strong knowledge and track record of compliance with Health Department Inspection Procedures
- Current certificate of completion for AB 2053 &1825 Training (preferred)
- Valid Class C Driver License
- Completion of high school degree or equivalent. College degree preferred
- Strong experience with POS & back-office restaurant management systems/reports, Word, Excel, E-Mail and Social Media platforms
- Talking/Hearing: to communicate with public, staff and vendors
- Walking: to travel different levels and areas of facility; need to be able to stand for 10+ hours per shift
- Sitting: to drive a vehicle and for computer work
- Standing: to put supplies away; to train; to be able to stand for 10+ hours per shift
- Lifting: to put supplies away; to assist with set-up for catering, party & special events; to raise arms above head regularly; able to lift up to 10 pounds frequently, up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 100 pounds rarely
- Bending/twisting: to maneuver and reach down and over in tight spaces; place and remove plates/glassware at guest tables frequently
- Climbing: to inspect all areas of kitchen; to assist with set-up of decorations for parties & special events
- Pulling: to open doors; to move furniture and supplies frequently
- Pushing: to close doors; to move furniture and supplies frequently
- Stooping: to inspect under equipment and furniture; to retrieve supplies at lower levels frequently
- Crouching: to inspect under equipment and furniture; to retrieve supplies at lower levels frequently
- Seeing: to drive a vehicle; to observe what's going on in the restaurant/where you are going; to obtain information from written material, for computer work frequently
- Carrying: to carry items/supplies from one place to another, up to 10 pounds frequently, up to 10 pounds regularly, 50 pounds occasionally and up to 100 pounds rarely
- Stamina: to work 10+ hour shifts which includes a lot of physical activity
- Must have the ability to read, write and organize materials daily
- Ability to plan, direct and supervise staff daily
- Ability to drive an automobile. Must be able to prepare and understand a budget often
- Must possess good business math skills for proper handling of money daily
- Ability to understand basic computer programs daily
- Must be able to relate to other people in a professional manner daily
Giggles N' Hugs is the first and only restaurant that brings together high-end, healthy and organic food with active, cutting-edge play and entertainment for children. Every Giggles N' Hugs location offers an upscale, family-friendly atmosphere with a dedicated play area that children 10 and younger absolutely love. We feature high-quality food made from fresh and local foods, nightly entertainment such as magic shows, concerts, puppet shows and face painting, and hugely popular party packages for families that want to do something special.
- Voted the #1 birthday party place in Los Angeles by Nickelodeon
- Voted "Best Pizza in Los Angeles" by Nickelodeon
- Listed best family & kid-friendly restaurants by CitySearch and GoCityKids
Our culture is all about great guest service, fun and smiles! We are a team/family oriented workplace where respect, communication, honesty and kindness prevail.
Learn more about our concept and philosophies by visiting our website at www.gigglesnhugs.com. We are poised for rapid expansion nationally and internationally, so there will be opportunity to grow your career with us!