- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
- Manages and assumes responsibility for all functions of a Papa John's restaurant to ensure high quality products and customer service are delivered to ensure restaurant profitability.
- This is accomplished by being a self-sufficient leader, making quality decisions, and instilling pride and accountability in team members.
- Other responsibilities include the management of operations including the execution of all Company policies, procedures, programs and systems.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local laws and ethical business practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide quality products to our customers by building a system of quality with team members, which ensures each delivered product meets Papa John's standards and accurately reflects the customer's order. Professionally and promptly respond to all customers concerns or issues. Solicit customer feedback, share feedback with team and use feedback to improve restaurant operations and build brand loyalty. Communicate, train and promote quality standards to team members by utilizing all available tools including Operations Manual and Team Member Handbook.
- Actively recruit customer focused team members, maintain adequate staffing levels according to projected sales, properly orient and train team members to exceed customer expectations, ensure compliance with uniform and appearance standards, establish and communicate performance expectations and conduct timely and effective performance reviews. Document performance issues and take appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including termination. Effectively coach and develop team members to ensure entire team is quality and customer focused; and build an atmosphere of teamwork, energy and fun.
- Manage sales goals against budget and prior year by providing prompt and friendly customer service; building check averages through team member training on products and sales execution. Seek additional sales through traditional and nontraditional methods by executing creative local restaurant marketing and creating a positive presence in the community.
- Manage profit goals against budget and prior year; ensure food, labor and other controllable costs stay within budget, and correct deviations from the budget by accurately utilizing the PROFIT System. Develop and implement appropriate plans to resolve unfavorable trends and enhance profits. Execute administrative and cash management duties. Plan and manage adequate inventory levels using the restaurant's computerized inventory system to meet sales demands and minimize loss. Manage company's assets by ensuring the restaurant is clean, fully equipped and all equipment operates properly; ensure restaurant meets safety and security standards at all times; oversee preventative maintenance and repairs when necessary.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Competencies are classified as the work habits, attitudes, personal characteristics, and behaviors that reflect how a person accomplishes the duties and responsibilities of his/her job.
- Critical Thinking: Defines and resolves a situation or problem by analyzing issues involved, weighing options, and evaluating alternatives; maintains objective attitude; approaches situations and problems systematically; uses observation, experience, reflection, and/or reasoning to drive business forward.
- Customer Focused: Commits to meeting the needs and expectations of the organization's internal and external customers; builds and maintains a customer base; delivers a high level of customer service; searches continually for ways to increase customer satisfaction (i.e., customer feedback).
- Developing Team Members: Directs and motivates others, provides timely and specific feedback, changes coaching style to fit individual needs, assesses strengths and development needs of team members and provides opportunities for growth.
- Flexibility: Adapts and changes course of action when appropriate; effectively transitions from task to task; deals well with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; maintains objectives amidst shifting priorities.
- Initiative: Takes action proactively; addresses issues or opportunities without supervision; focuses on desired results and accomplishments; demonstrates clear purpose, enthusiasm, and a "can-do" attitude.
- Leading Team Members: Provides clear direction and sets priorities to accomplish desired actions and results; seeks talented and skilled people to build high performing teams; keeps team members informed, ensures their needs are met, and removes barriers; delegates responsibility and empowers team members to do their jobs.
- Managing Execution: Manages multiple projects and effectively prioritizes tasks, responsibilities, and goals; uses goals to guide actions and creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks; utilizes resources effectively to meet goals.
- Functional Skills: Basic accounting including invoice reconciliation, debit and credit review, financial statement analysis• Cash management skills
- Education and/or Experience: • High school diploma or GED• Stable employment history• Two years successful restaurant management or supervision experience with salary progression
- Physical Demans: While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to use hands repetitively, stand for prolonged periods, walk, grasp firmly/strongly and simply/lightly with hands, and use fine finger dexterity. The team member is frequently required to bend over, twist, reach above shoulder level, crouch or stoop, kneel, repetitively use feet, and use head and neck in a twisting or static motion and to look up and/or down, and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Occasionally, the team member is required to sit, climb, balance, push and/or pull, and lift and/or move over 51 pounds.
- Work Environment While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to work outdoors in various temperatures, in a noisy environment, near moving mechanical parts, with dangerous equipment or sharp tools, and around fumes, odors, dust, or toxic chemicals.
- Additional Information: • Must be 18 years of age or older• Must have reliable transportation• Must be able to work long hours, scheduled or unscheduled, which will include nights, weekends, and as emergencies arise• Ability to successfully perform the job duties of all positions in the restaurant, including pizza delivery• Ability to manage with no supervision• Bilingual in certain markets• Work with phones, computers, fax machines and copiers
Great things are happening at Papa John's! If you are looking for a career with an international company, flavored with challenging work, with a professional and highly motivated team, mixed with professional development opportunities and a competitive salary, look no further! Papa John's seeks people who share our philosophy for success, look for quality business practices, advancement opportunities and meaningful work. All these combine to produce not only the best pizza, but also the best team members!
Papa John’s has over 4,400 restaurants worldwide and continues to expand every day. Your opportunities are endless as we believe in promoting from within and offer comprehensive cross-training programs. Better Ingredients. Better People.
Don’t miss out…APPLY TODAY!