- Depends on experience
- Part Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
Welcome and warmly greet guests on arrival. Answer telephone, take reservations and manage the efficient and timely seating of our guests to a table that best serves their wishes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Warmly and graciously greets all guests upon arrival.
- When possible, open the front door for guests entering or leaving the restaurant.
- When immediate seating is limited, records guest names and number of people in party.
- Call out name and number of party when tables become available.
- Provide guests with estimated waiting time, always maintaining a professional, courteous attitude when confronted with hostile, impatient or irate guests.
- Accommodate special seating requests for guests whenever possible.
- Seat guests based on guest preferences and balancing of customer flow in service stations.
- Upon seating, offer guests a menu and inform them of their server’s name. Inspect table for proper presentation and completeness.
- Relay messages to servers and bus-persons as needed.
- Maintain supplies of mints and toothpicks at the host stand.
- Clean menus of food and stains.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager on duty.
- Thanks guests as they leave and invite them to return. Relay guest comments or suggestions to the manager on duty.
- Explain the restaurant concept to guests. Give directions to the restaurant to guest inquiring for it.
- No previous restaurant experience or training required. On the job training will be provided. Experience is a plus.
- Must be a team player and demonstrate organizational skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and confidence.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Excellent verbal and telephone skills to be able to communicate clearly and effectively with our guests.
- Must have exceptional grooming habits.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Fluency in other languages a plus.
- Be flexible and willing to assist as needed to ensure all restaurant standards are met
From its beginnings as a trade outpost, the Golden State has been a place where the cream rises and the bold take flight. Bluegold celebrates this land, from the vineyards and citrus groves to the rocky coast of the Pacific Ocean. A space where traditional farm-to-table culture is renewed beneath the California sky.