Sow Farm Manager
- $0.00 Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts
- Employer Likely to Respond
Primary Purpose of Position:
The position’s main objective is to lead and manage a breed-to-wean production operation. The focus will be centered on the daily care and welfare of the animals, production efficiency and site care. Farm managers also provide leadership and development to their team of employees.
Typical duties of a Farm Manager include:
- Plan and direct all production phases on the farm.
- Develop leadership and technical skills of their team ensuring that performance in all areas is properly executed.
- Meet farm-specific and company-set goals.
- Ensure that all biosecurity protocols are followed.
- Actively and effectively communicate with service personnel and farm staff.
- Provide leadership to farm staff through training, team meetings and goal setting.
- Check and understand waters, feeders, controllers and ventilation to address concerns.
- Ensure all safety procedures are in place to protect the farm staff and the animals.
- Coordinate and manage inventories such as feed, supplies and medication.
Minimum Education Qualifications:
- High School deploma required.
- A degree in Animal Science, Agriculture or related field preferred.
- 1-year livestock management experience required.
- Livestock/swine management and handling.
- Standard maintenance procedures.
- Work independently, as well as being a team player
- Manage time and priorities.
- Recognize problems and take a proactive approach to resolve.
- Lead by example and maintain a positive working environment.
- Understand company vision and strategy.
- Strong written and verbal communicaton skills with basic Spanish being a plus.
- Optimizing breeding farm productivity.