- $0.00 Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Primary Purpose of Position:
The position’s main objective is to lead and manage a single sow farm or multiple sites. The focus will be centered on the daily care and welfare of the animals, overall herd health and production efficiency, while providing leadership and development to a team of employees.
- Plan and direct all production phases on the farm.
- Meet farm-specific and company-set goals.
- Ensure that all biosecurity protocols are followed.
- Actively and effectively communicate with farm staff, service personnel and Veterinarian staff.
- Provide leadership through training, team meetings and goal setting.
- Ensure all safety procedures are in place to protect the farm staff and the animals.
- Check and understand waters, feeders, controllers and ventilation to address concerns.
- Promote a safe, professional and positively motivating work environment.
- Maintain miscellaneous inventories such as feed, supplies and medication.
Knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of livestock management and handling.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with basic Spanish being a plus.
- Ability to manage time and priorities.
- Ability to recognize problems and take a proactive approach to resolve.
- Ability to lead by example and maintain a positive working environment.
- A degree within the agricultural field preferred.
- Seasoned work experience within the Pork Industry Required.