- $14.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Dental Insurance, Health Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Likely to Respond
The Shift Leader is an entry-level supervisor/manager in our restaurants. The Shift Leader contributes to Shakey’s success through hands-on involvement in the day-to-day restaurant operations. The Shift Leader effectively leads a shift to ensure restaurant operational excellence. Is responsible for assigning work, overseeing guest service, cash handling, food preparations and opening/closing procedures of the restaurant with or without the Assistant Manager or General Manager.
Responsibilities (The following are representative of the duties of the position.):
- Monitors and supervises day-to-day restaurant and shift operations.
- Creates a team environment that delivers outstanding operations performance and guest service every day.
- Leads team members to drive the execution of Shakey’s "Fast, Friendly, Clean" culture and standards.
- Ensures compliance with Shakey’s cash handling, safety/security and Team Member Handbook policies and procedures.
- Ensures safe and sanitary practices regarding all aspects food handling, preparation, serving and storage.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures adherence to all safety standards and procedures.
- Leads a shift by ensuring team members are prepared for the day, delegating duties and assigning specific tasks.
- Cross-trains in all other FOH and BOH positions and provides support to those work stations as needed.
- Valid Food Handler card
- Minimum 1 year shift leader, or equivalent, experience in food service or retail
- Basic math skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Effective supervisory skills
Perk and Compensation:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including medical insurance
- Advancement opportunities
- Fun environment
- Shift meals
DISCLOSURE TO JOB APPLICANTS PURSUANT TO THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA)
As part of your application for employment and Shakey’s USA, Inc.’s (“Shakey’s”) evaluation of your candidacy, Shakey’s collects, receives, maintains and uses the following categories of Personal Information about you – 1) personal identifiers, 2) pre-hire application or resume data, 3) employment history and 4) education information for the following purposes:
- To comply with federal and state laws and regulations requiring employers to maintain certain records;
- To evaluate your job application and candidacy for employment;
- To obtain and verify background check, employment and references; and
- To communicate with you regarding your candidacy for employment.
If you become employed by Shakey’s, we will notify you about additional categories of Personal Information that Shakey’s collects, receives and maintains for business purposes.