- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Our staff is committed to doing everything the right way, which is why we make our barbeque sauce from scratch and adhere to a ‘round the clock’ smoking schedule.
We’re looking for a Prep Cook to join our team. If you love cooking and have a knack for having fun while working in a busy team-oriented work place, check out the details below.
Let’s face it, sometimes we have more work than can be completed in just forty hours a week. If you are a highly productive employee, why not be allowed to work some overtime hours every now and then? Surround yourself with the best people to work with, work at Midwood Smokehouse!
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Prepare amazing creations from scratch following our recipes to produce consistent results
- Complete your prep list, efficiently run your station during the shift, follow all specs, and stock food as needed
- Rinse and cut raw food products
- Portion all the products, follow the recipes, and always make sure the plate presentation looks great
- Keep it clean! Follow the sanitization standards, make sure your work station stays clean and organized, and follow all of the food handling standards
You Need to be:
- Someone who loves cooking and is able to lead a team to be consistently awesome in everything they produce.
- You should excel in a fast-paced environment, and you should have some experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- You should have good English communication skills
- You should be comfortable standing for long periods of time, be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- You should have the flexibility to work weekends and some holidays.
We appreciate great talent. Our team is rewarded with competitive earnings, fun incentives, and regular opportunities for growth. Add to all that a 50% restaurant discount at all our FS Food Group concepts and as an extra bonus you get to feel like a kid while you’re at work. Sound good? Apply below!
Craft. Commitment. ‘Cue’
Midwood Smokehouse is where the neighborhood gets their barbecue fix. Here, we burn hickory wood 24 hours a day, seven days a week to bring our customers the barbecue they crave. Our Pitmasters have been to the promised lands (that is, Texas, Kansas City and the Carolinas) to hone the art and craft of real barbecue. We set our standards high and cook our meats low and slow.