Lead Event Chef
- Depends on experience
- Part Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
The JDK Group, an international award winning catering company is seeking talented and passionate individuals for our culinary team! This is an exciting opportunity that will allow you to work with local fresh ingredients, experiment with the newest food trends, cook items from scratch, work on-site events locally and nationally, as well as, be part of a team driven by innovation and creativity! This position will have a flexible schedule based on business needs and may be required to work nights and weekends. Previous experence desired but not required.
- Prepares all food items in compliance with menus, recipes, production schedules and quality standards
- Must be able to correctly and safely use standard kitchen equipment. This includes chefs' knives, convection ovens, meat and cheese slicers, steamers, mandolins, grills, broilers, flat tops, and fryers
- Evaluates food in production to assure that quality standards are consistently attained to client’s vision and JDK’s standards
- Communicates with Culinary Production Supervisor and Sous Chef on food quality, shortages, and needs for production
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for food preparation
- Develop a firing, logistics, and staffing timeline for food service execution based on the overall event timeline
- Must be able to train, lead, and manage a large team of event chefs onsite and delegate responsibilities to your station leads
- Must know different off-premise catering cooking styles and techniques when it comes to firing food (oven, hot box, chafer, etc.)
- Lead the set up of hors-d'oeuvres, salads and bread baskets. Efficiently manage entree execution and dessert execution
- Must taste, present, and manage quantities of food items when out on site and adjust as necessary to ensure food matches client’s expectation
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Must be able to problem solve
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Employee must be able to work on their feet at least 7 1/2 hours per day
- Evaluates and follows proper food safety and sanitation at all times
- Team player, willing to step up when needed
- Uphold a” lead-by-example” management style and teamwork values in order to support both FOH and BOH when necessary
Why Work at The JDK Group
At The JDK Group we build lifetime relationships with our clients and the community to create flawless events worth celebrating. We have a great time wherever we are! Everyone is appericated for the hard work they put in! We are a friendly, fun, and hard working bunch. We offer great starting pay, clear succession and growth with in the company! And mostly importantly a great work environment!
Come join our time!
The JDK Group Catering & Events is Central PA’s premier catering and event-planning company where clients, and their special life moments, come first. Since 1987, we’ve continued to reinvent the standards for events and hospitality for the areas surrounding Harrisburg, Lancaster, and York. With over 25 years of event management experience and the ability to plan a celebration for 15 to 15,000 people, our talented a passionate team offers exceptional guest service, incredible fresh food, and innovative event design.
Check out our website: