PSH Case Manager, Veteran's Villas (Escondido)
- $19.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
The PSH Case Manager offers housing retention oriented services in a permanent supportive housing setting, integrating evidence based practices effective with individuals who have experienced chronic homelessness and have mental and/or physical health needs. Such services include outreach directly with tenants, developing individual service plans, increasing access to benefits/healthcare/mental healthcare, community integration and community development within the residential community. The PSH Case Manager will be implementing evidence-based practices, such as Harm Reduction, Motivational Interviewing, and Trauma-Informed Care, working with a range of community service providers to ensure residence are stabilizing in housing, improving their quality of life, and integrating into the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Meets weekly to conduct initial and ongoing assessment of client needs and progress
• Maintains complete client records in accordance with agency and best practice standards
• Performs crisis intervention
• Reviews, weekly, assigned case files
• Refers clients, as appropriate to their individual needs, to outside resources (e.g.
medical, dental, mental health, legal, social services, veterans benefits, etc)
• Interfaces with other staff as appropriate regarding client needs and progress
• Facilitate support groups
• Maintains all required documentation in HMIS
• Attends scheduled department and agency staff meetings and trainings as required
• Participates in interdisciplinary teams to exchange information with other staff regarding
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
Basic understanding of the military and the Veterans Administration
• Minimum of 1 year experience working with homeless population or AA degree in Human Services
• Minimum of 6 months of paid case management experience in Human Services, Social
Work or related field preferred.
• Knowledge of HMIS database a plus!
• Knowledge of Housing First approach a plus!
• Ability to prioritize competing responsibilities and thrive in a challenging situations
• Able to change priorities at a moment’s notice
• Must be able to fluently read, write and communicate in English
• Must be able to comfortably, both mentally and physically, perform all aspects of job
description and other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Must be able to sit comfortably for long periods of time
• Valid California drivers license and up to date vehicle insurance
• Veteran Status a Plus!
• Must be able to pass background check and drug screen