General Manager – Retail Caffes
- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
The General Manager – Retail Caffes is responsible for managing, driving and overseeing all aspects of the retail operation, providing strategic and operational leadership. This position reports directly to the President.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
Customer Service and Employee Management
- Sets a positive example for the team by leading by example, managing with integrity and honesty and promoting the company's culture, values, and mission.
- Displays a customer-centric attitude by holding staff accountable for delivering quality products and customer service.
- Provides coaching, motivation, and direction to create a high-performance team.
- Understands and manages the P&L, restaurant cost-control methods, and inventory carrying costs.
- Manages both top line revenue growth and bottom line results for effectiveness.
- Actively provides suggestions and implements cost improvements.
- Responsible for keeping COGS and labor costs within budgeted parameters.
- Works in coordination with senior management (Owners, Caffe ops, Roasting Ops, Marketing, HR) to continuously inspire and create a professionally managed and functioning team
- Through functional expertise, creates status reports, business review, cash management and inventory management reports.
- Utilizes data and experience to identify and address trends and issues in store performance.
- Sets “stretch” and achievable sales targets (daily, quarterly and annually) and objectives and manages the team to achieve them.
- Able to quickly analyze a situation, prioritize, and take appropriate action in situations which are oftentimes ambiguous.
- Develops systems to manage for growth across multiple locations.
- Communicates regularly, clearly, and accurately to ensure effective store operations.
- Work closely with manager of retail operations to develop and implement logistical systems and processes to ensure an efficient back of house workplace
- Collaborate and communicate with other business functions, e.g., Marketing, to execute programs and initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; Advanced degree a plus
- Minimum 5-7 years management experience in retail, food or hospitality
- Experience in managing multi-unit locations
- Retail coffee shop / roastery experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead people at all levels of seniority
- Ability to zoom out and understand the big picture, while also zoom in and manage the day to day details as required
- Superior oral and written communications skills
- Meticulous organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage several concurrent tasks
- Proficient computer knowledge and experience, especially with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Aloha POS
- Energetic and enthusiastic customer service oriented professional
Founded in 2006, Caffe Luxxe is a local family owned business based in Los Angeles which was the first to introduce artisanal coffee to the city. Caffe Luxxe owns and operates 3 caffes in West LA (with more on the way in 2016) and its own coffee roastery located in the South Bay. The company is committed to hand-crafting the highest quality coffee for its own caffes and wholesale customers.
Caffe Luxxe has been consistently rated best tasting coffee in Los Angeles each year by local journalists and customers since our opening.
All of our coffees have been highly rated by Coffee Review (scoring 91-94 points), the industry's premier independent review publication.
Please visit www.caffeluxxe.com for more information.