- $25.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Likely to Respond
The Audio/Visual Technician position will be responsible for daily running of all AV and IT teams and needs for our new Downtown Site. To ensure that all technical aspects are working as required for Member Events and Private Hire Events. Supporting the management team as needed.
- Reports to work as scheduled, in uniform, well groomed, and ready to be in position.
- Manage staff in all aspects including, recruiting, training, schedules, payroll, staff complaints and disciplinary procedures.
- Maintains professional relationships with all coworkers and guests.
- Maintain a positive attitude to guest requirements – Attentiveness to service, responding positively to guest’s needs, ensuring timely resolution.
- Properly communicating with other departments regarding daily activities/issues.
- Supporting staff with service when and where necessary.
- Maintains a safe, clean, organized, and stocked work area.
- Assist members, guests, and clients with IT issues/needs.
- Ensure quality service throughout the site.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure basic knowledge and troubleshooting.
- Responsible to make independent decisions on all issues relating to department and properly communicating needs/issues/solutions to General Manager.
- Maintain great relations with vendors
- Manage and monitor in house equipment and usage.
- Manages AV/IT staff in all aspects including, recruiting, training, and coordinating weekly schedules, payroll, and disciplinary procedures.
- Maintain safety standards and identify safety needs and hazards of the department.
- Maintain open and clear communication for all AV/IT staff and related departments as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Manage and operate Cinema in all film and digital video formats.
- To liaise with clients regarding technical needs and assist in presentation set ups within the Cinema and areas of the property, including sourcing equipment from outside vendors.
- Ensure Cinema’s compliance within local license requirements.
- Ensure that the process for the receipt, presentation, preparation, repair and dispatch of films is effective.
- Operation, cleaning and maintenance of projection equipment, diagnose and solve problems, liaising with Service Engineers and Contractors as appropriate.
Private Hire and Members Events Duties
- To liaise with clients regarding technical needs and assist in presentation set ups and ensure all equipment specifications are as per clients’ request within the sites capabilities.
- Liaising with in-house couriers, print managers.
- Keep up with technical developments in relation to cinema and multi-media equipment, systems, etc. and technical training opportunities.
- Control and monitor expenditure against the projected budgets.
- Ensure effective communication between events/cinema management and AV/IT employees.
- Any other tasks as assigned.
- 4+ years related experience, Computer Science or related Degree preferred.
- Must be familiar with Digital Projection Equipment. Christie 35MM Projector, HD & Betacam. Dolby Audio Processors.
- Must be technically competent with the ability to address company's computer, Internet, software and network security needs.
- Must be able to work under pressure and trouble shoot problems quickly.
- Must understand electronic, repair, and installation of AV equipment and the House set up.
- Flexible schedule.
- Experience with AV lighting and sound.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of all aspects of all building Multi-media (including sound systems, DJ decks, mixing board & consoles, phone systems and IPTV infrastructures) equipment and technical specifications.
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet as well as stationary for at least 10 hours daily.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the club to others.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift at least 30 pounds.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb is required.