Sous Chef- TAO Uptown
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Tao Group is currently looking for a talented Sous Chef with an eclectic palate and creative energy who is passionate and excited to be working with not only the best ingredients possible, but creating dishes that will represent our company's caliber of a dining experience. Ideal candidates should have their ear to the ground within the culinary world and be familiar with up and coming food trends utilizing seasonal products, whilst maintaining food cost and driving sales.
The position involves management of all aspects of the kitchen operations, including menu planning, staffing, scheduling, training, and shift execution. This individual will also exude pride in culinary excellence, demonstrate bold and innovative food skills, and be capable of sound, profitable management techniques. They must be a leader and able to coach and develop employees as well as develop and implement systems in a fast paced restaurant environment.
Candidate will possess excellent organization skills, communication skills, time management skills, an eye for detail and a strong commitment to total guest satisfaction.
While the food is incredibly important, so is the Sous Chef's personality and communication skills. Leadership comes from a place of motivation and inspiration with lots of positive reinforcement. We value our team and having a strong connection between the front and back of the house. Likewise, we seek a Sous Chef who understands and values this same mentality.
- Recipe development
- Overseeing purchasing/ receiving/ costing out all recipes within designated parameters
- Inventory control
- Managing payroll/schedule
- Rolling out new seasonal menu items and weekly new specials and training FOH/BOH staff on these items
- Implementing systems to ensure consistency
- Knowledge of TimePro, Avero, and COMPEAT
- All typical administrative responsibilities associated with BOH matters
Equal Opportunity Employer