- $13.50 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
KETTLE/LINE COOK PRAWN
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Using a steel jacketed kettle drum, along with other cooking techniques, and efficiently cook meats, fish, soup, vegetables and other hot items as well as prepare and portion food prior to cooking in a fast paced, high volume, environment. Additionally must be skilled in plating and garnishing and efficiently packaging items to go. Must be able to assist other station as needed.
The Line Cook must be able to stand for lengthy periods of time; reach, bend or stoop regularly and lift up to 40 pounds. The line cook must be able to clearly and efficiently communicate with management and front of the house staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables using the kettle drum and other standard cooking techniques in a fast and efficient manner according to restaurant recipes
• Assume 100% responsibility for the quality of the items they prepare
• Understands and consistently complies with Prawn portion sizes, cooking methods, standards, kitchen rules, policies and procedures
• Understands and executes the proper daily mis en place
• Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food product on the line to assure an efficient service
• Maintains a clean and sanitary work station
• Properly plates, presents and garnishes each dish as instructed
• Handles, stores and rotates all product properly
• Assists in food prep assignment when not on the line as needed
• Assists in closing the kitchen by following the closing checklist for his station
• Follow all company policies as pertain to a zero tolerance policy against discrimination and harassment.
• Adheres to required California Food Handler standards of personal hygiene including but not exclusively arriving to work clean in a fresh and clean uniform and washing hands throughout the day as mandated.
• Attend all staff meetings and follow labor rules for proper clock in/out and break periods as instructed by management