Receptionist/Front Desk Admin
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for Receptionist/Front Dest Admin to to support our Admin team.
If you love working with veterans, desire to make a difference every day, perhaps this position is for you!
- Receives, screens and directs telephone calls and visitors, providing appropriate referral and crisis intervention if needed
- Provides information on agency services as requested by callers or visitors
- Receives and distributes mail to appropriate staff and schedules FedEx and UPS pickups
- Responsible for the proper department distribution of the VVSD Info Email mailbox and faxes
- Maintains neat and well organized files
- Assist and provides administrative/clerical support to the Executive Staff/Senior Management Staff
- Keeps mailroom organized and conducts monthly inventory of supplies on hand for replenishment
- Conducts training on general office equipment, and arranges for repair/maintenance as needed
- Data entry and word processing as needed
- Assists with ordinary mailings and large, bulk mailings
- Orders supplies and/or trains Staff on electronic requisitions and purchase order setup
- Maintains calendar and schedules conference room(s) availability
- Maintains meal ticket money control and postage meter money control
- Processes donations in accordance to VVSD financial policy and procedures
- Works on special projects
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must have at least 2 years of paid administrative experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Must be able to fluently read, write and communicate in English
- Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be meticulous in attention to detail with excellent time management skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to interact with a diverse staff, client, and vendor populations
- Must be competent in the use of basic office machines, including copier, scanner, fax, postage meter, etc.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be a proactive self-starter with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Must be able to comfortably, both mentally and physically, perform all aspects of job description and other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must be able to comfortably lift at least 20 pounds
- Veteran Status a Plus
The Fine Print:
- If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years
- Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.