NOW HIRING! HOSTS! - Matchbox Pentagon City
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
The Hosts role is to warmly greet, seat and assist guests in accordance with company quality standards and appropriately manage guest flow. The Host is a hospitality professional who is warm, genuine, and engaging, as well as efficient and accurate to ensure an extraordinary experience for all our guests.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Greets guests and facilitates seating guests per Matchbox timing and service standards, which include prolonged standing and walking throughout duration of shift.
- Understands and effectively communicates with guests both in person and over the phone ensuring clear expectations using prescribed verbiage.
- Cleans and maintains an organized, stocked work area which include, restrooms and outside perimeter of the restaurant.
- May assist in clearing and cleaning tables which could require reaching, bending, stooping, lifting and working with cleaning agents.
- Knows the food and beverage menu, and is able to speak to the menu from memory.
- Completes side-work tasks as assigned.
- My take to-go orders, which requires writing orders and ringing orders into the point of sale system.
- Navigates reservation/guest management system quickly and efficiently
- Understands and practices proper safe food and beverage handling procedures in accordance with local government standards.
- Experience in high-volume, upscale casual dining or an equivalent service environment preferred
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required
- At least 18 years of age (unless permitted by law)
- High energy and stamina. Able to work within a fast-paced, highly mobile environment
- Able to stand and walk for up to 10 hours per day preferred
- Able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Able to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Able to work flexible shifts and schedules, inclusive of weekends, and some holidays
- Certified in (or able to be certified in) responsible alcohol service (as required by state or local law)
- Able to perform essential functions and demonstrate competencies to company standards with reasonable accommodation
- Able to communicate effectively in the primary language of the work location (verbal and written)