- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Hotel Figueroa has welcomed guests to Downtown Los Angeles since 1926 with its historic unconventional purpose and style. Ninety years later and after more than a year of transformation and renovation, we celebrate the reopening of our property in the midst of a rebirth of the Downtown community, set to reopen 2018.
Downtown Los Angeles’ burgeoning city scene is about to experience a culinary renaissance with the launch of two new restaurants and four bars located at the historic Hotel Figueroa, To develop and execute the various food and beverage concepts for the hotel. F&B Management Company APICII (www.apicii.com) has partnered with four-time James Beard Award nominated Chef Casey Lane, Executive Chef and Owner of the Tasting Kitchen in Venice Beach, CA., and industry leader in craft bartending Dushan Zaric, the mastermind behind world-famous New York bars Employees Only and Macao Trading Company.
A unique opportunity to be part of our opening team exists for a proven restaurant professional with the ability to maintain a high level of integrity, standards of quality and guest satisfaction.
· Responsible for timeliness & efficient service of all meetings & social functions, which meet or exceed company standards.
· Maintains communication with Kitchen, sales and other departments per hotel standards
· Knows all menus and prices including any service charges, taxes and fees
· Participates and attends BEO Meetings and disseminates the information to staff
· Ensures attractiveness of food and beverage displays, display carts, buffets and coffee breaks so that a full merchandising effect can be realized through color, eye appeal and artistic arrangement
· Maintain proper financial results in labor & expenditures
· Schedules associates in a cost effect fashion, anticipates and forecasts volume of business, develops flow charts for flawless service.
· Prepares, submits for approval and implements Banquet Procedures
· Ensure comprehensive SOPs are in place for all areas and update to ensure that all are current
· Maintains the physical facility and equipment to ensure that the guest receive services in a clean, safe and enjoyable environment. Schedules for maintenance, repair and cleaning of equipment and facilities
· Maintain event equipment storage
· Responsible for organizing setup and breakdown of events
· Strong interpersonal/leadership skills, professional caring approach towards employees.
· experience in audio visual a plus
Downtown, Los Angeles: Hotel Figueroa is privileged to share this city with some of the world’s most dynamic fashion, film, music, art and other creative organizations. Our design pays homage to the hotel's rich history and connection to the city, embracing the blend of business, entertainment and creativity that LA embodies.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
· Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
· Competitive compensation
· Excellent learning Environment