- $16.00 - $17.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance
- Employer Likely to Respond
Are you passionate about seafood? Do you want to be part of a dynamic restaurant environment and a California tradition while deepening your knowledge of seafood while sharing information with others? If so, then The Fish Market wants you to join our team as a cook in our San Jose restaurant.
Brief Job Description:
The cook is an integral function of the smooth running of The Fish Market. Cooks, under direction of the Kitchen Manager, are responsible for ensuring that food preparation, production, recipes and standards within restaurant are completed in accordance to the Fish Market’s standards of Uncompromising Quality.
Essential Job Duties:
- Preparing high quality food items to order for our guests
- Following recipe and presentation guidelines to meet or exceed guests' expectations
- Coordinating food orders to support timely and efficient delivery to each table
- Ensuring proper food safety and sanitation standards to ensure guest safety
- Meeting special guest requests while ensuring Uncompromised Quality
- 1-2 years’ experience as a line cook or prep cook
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures
- Possess excellent knife skills and be able to operate basic kitchen equipment
- Excellent communication skills
- California Food Handler’s Card
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to stand and walk up to 8 hours in a day
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to bend, stoop, and raise arms above head on occasion
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. The Fish Market reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Compensation & Benefits:
50% Discount on meals in The Fish Market
The Fish Market serves only the freshest catches from waters near, far and everywhere in between. Seafood is our passion, freshness is our mission, and quality is our commitment. Founded in 1976 by a sport fisherman, business partner, boat captain and gourmet chef, we pride ourselves on offering our guests Uncompromised Quality and ensuring that our employees are empowered to ensure that every guest experiences what that means. With six restaurants in the state, we’re a California seafood tradition and we’re looking for great employees to join us.
The Fish Market is an Equal Opportunity and e-Verify Employer.