IT Field Technician
- Depends on experience
- Part Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
This is a part-time, independent contractor position. Qualified candidates will need to be located in the Chicago area and comfortable working in a 1099 (contractor) arrangement.
Field Services Technician (FST) will be capable of supporting clients within a 75-100+ mile radius of their assigned client territory. The FST will monitor and manage the quality of their work while maintaining their schedule as this is a role with high client visibility. FST will represent Mammoth Technology Services in a professional and businesslike manner and communicate effectively with customers and associates.
The FST will identify, research and resolve technical issues at the client site. Performing service and repair, installation and other duties scheduled by customers. The FST will be assigned tickets/tasks to follow routine preventive maintenance of all equipment at customer site. The FST will monitor and respond to calls, emails and in person requests for technical support. FST will provide customer service and technical support to clients on operational or maintenance aspects of their system equipment. The FST will serve as the client contact on technical and service related issues.
The FST will provide hardware/POS system, PC, printer and peripheral repair/support, including direct interaction with client to identify issues and provide prompt resolution, diagnoses mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures, using established procedures. Determines most cost effective repair/resolution to minimize client downtime. FST will document, track and monitor issues as well as non-issues providing necessary notes/feedback in ticket/task. FST will rely on instruction and/or pre-established guidelines to perform functions of service and makes in-field repair decisions.
- Interacts with customer responding to technical questions or requests for information
- Processes timely and accurate information to ensure compliance with warranty requirements of vendors
- Maintains the highest level of customer satisfaction by resolving all tangible problems and concerns
- Escalates problems and issues to a higher level of support. This includes service that exceeds response time, repair time, lack of parts, or any other issue that could impact customer satisfaction
- Performs general maintenance tasks, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems and peripheral equipment
- Performs basic computer hardware/equipment installations
- Check-in/Check-out in ticketing system per site visit
- Ticket/Task management in ticketing system
- Other duties as assigned
- Comp TIA A+ certified, at minimum
- Highly trained and able to provide maintenance and break-fix services for the covered equipment
- Able to lift at least 50lbs.
- Must be well versed in data cabling and infrastructure
- Qualified to maintain all customer IT hardware including but not limited to: POS, PC, printers, AP’s, servers, network switches, and handheld devices
- Familiar with Microsoft Windows OS, Cisco OS and Linux/Unix OS
- Able to isolate connectivity issues with CAT 3, 5 and 6 cabling in addition to fiber
- Knowledgeable about and capable of repairing CAT 3, 5 and 6 cables as well as re-terminate fiber
- Must have own vehicle and tools
Hourly rate offered will depend on experience and qualifications.
VegaNext started with a simple idea— to make life easier for businesses struggling to manage their IT infrastructure. With our collective experience spanning more than four decades, we knew we could make a difference. And we have. Inspired by our success at offering what we set out to do, we ventured into the newer domains of the cloud. Now we offer a diversified service portfolio that includes private and public cloud infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) solutions, managed IT services, network services, and security services.