*** Sous Chef ***
- $50K - $55K Annual Salary
- Part Time / Full Time
- Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
SOUS CHEF AD
CAMP is a Vietnamese restaurant that focuses on food and dining experience inspired by the Vietnamese migrant food. Our menu is based on two goals: executing authentic Vietnamese recipes and techniques spanning over 2 generations, and redefining the progressive movement of Vietnamese food.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, responsible, and hardworking Sous Chef. A Sous chef that understands, and execute the following goals and responsibilities:
- Plan menus, costs them out, set up line requirements and staffing. Review work schedules and plan/forecast accordingly with staffing needs and food production.
- Directly responsible for impacting food cost; maintain food costs in line with budget; accountable for the department P/L.
- Train the auxiliary kitchen staff in order to provide best results in minimum time and using at the maximum the available resources
- Discover talented chefs and train them in order to reach the high standards of the Kitchen.
- Maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times, while providing personalized service to restaurant guests.
- Perform other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures to new kitchen employees.
- Oversee the continuous training of kitchen employees on kitchen equipment, utensils, cleanliness, sanitation practices, first-aid, proper lifting and carrying techniques, and handling hazardous materials.
- Communicate effectively with guests and fellow team members.
- Equipment operation and maintenance: Inspect the kitchen and walk-ins for satisfactory cleaning and equipment in need of repair. Maintain sanitation standards through knowledge of health department standards and regulations.
We are an EEOE Employer.
Part-Time (hourly): $14-16/hr*
Full-Time (Salary): $50,000-55,000
*Based on experience, performance, and results.