Environmental Services Greenville, TX
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Performs a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, offices, hallways and other assigned areas of the hospital and outer buildings.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English.
- Must be able to follow instructions to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work with the following equipment: mops, vacuums, brooms, buckets, cleaning chemicals, linen carts, wall washing kits, floor machines, buffers, scrubbers, wet vacuums, extractors and waste compacting equipment as assigned.
- Requires physical and mental stamina: prolonged walking, standing, carrying, pushing, pulling, squatting, and stooping. Requires hearing and visual activity.
- Subject to stress, frustration, and fatigue.
- Regularly exposed to the risk of chemicals, heat and water
- Hours may be adjusted as required to meet Hospital/Patient needs. Some overtime required.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the HMHD Compliance Plan.
- Conduct reflects HMHD’s values and a commitment to HMHD’s Code of Conduct.
- Attends the required corporate integrity and compliance training and education programs.
- Demonstrates proficiency in understanding the materials presented during the corporate integrity and compliance training and education program.
- Complies with all HIPAA standards.
- Maintains established hospital policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Dusts furniture, woodwork, equipment and dust mops floors.
- Polishes and cleans fixtures in utility rooms and restrooms.
- Cleans vents, fans and other equipment using a vacuum cleaner. Cleans fixtures, tops of windows, door-frames, and high areas.
- Performs floor care duties to include: Polishing floors using buffing machines, stripping or scrubbing and refinishing floors, vacuuming, spot cleaning, shampooing and extracting carpeted areas as assigned.
- Removes waste and soiled linen from work areas and place them in specified bags and containers.
- Performs terminal cleaning procedures of patient rooms and prepares rooms for new occupants: follow UNIVERSAL PRECAUTIONS. Cleans and disinfects all fixtures, floors, mirrors, windows, doors, and walls of restrooms.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested. Volunteers for special hospital and community events.
- Duties when assigned as Team Lead.
- Be the first point of contact for any housekeeping issues.
- Deal with any immediate staff issues that arise – escalating and seeking support from Manager where required.
- Ensuring a swift response to cleaning emergencies or priorities that arise.
- Ensure staff are working appropriately in designated areas.
- Supervise housekeeping team when manager is not on duty.