Public Space Attendant
- $10.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Ask Us!, Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
- Employer Likely to Respond
- To contribute to an attractive and clean hotel by providing public space cleaning of customer floors, hallways and service areas.
- Will need to be available for evening shifts (3pm to 11pm).
- Weekends are required.
- Maintains the overall cleanliness of the hotel’s public space by cleaning all assigned areas thoroughly on a daily basis
- Cleans public areas including: Floors, elevators, lobbies, hallways, vending areas, service areas, stairwells and health club
- Completes work projects as assigned by supervisor and management
- Cleans and polishes floors, windows, mirrors, vending machines and ice machines
- Vacuums, shampoos, and removes bum spots from carpets as required
- Removes all litter from public space
- Dusts all spots thoroughly
- Performs other cleaning duties as required
- Uses housekeeping chemicals as necessary to clean assigned areas to standard
- Prevents any damage to hotel property by exercising proper caution with chemicals
- Maximizes job efficiency and orderly appearance by maintaining supply cart
- Stocks supply cart correctly
- Places cart and vacuum cleaner according to operational procedures
- Replaces and/or empties vacuum cleaner on a regular basis
- Ensures rapid maintenance and repair of hotel equipment by reporting all maintenance requests in a timely and efficient manner
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meeting is required.
Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with Moonrise rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Associates who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
Supportive Functions/Teamwork Skills
- Turns in articles found in public space to lost and found
- Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning unexpected spills and executing special guest requests.
- Assist other housekeeping associates in maintaining clean and organized work and public areas.
- Take every opportunity to impress the guest.
- Promptly respond to and resolve guest complaints.
- Anticipate and exceed guest expectations
- Smile, have eye contact and greet guests immediately upon each encounter.
- Be groomed according to company standards
- Handle special requests properly
- Follow correct procedures for entering a guest room
- Keep voices and other noise low on guest floors, especially in the morning
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the tam
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior
- Be understanding of, encouraging to, and friendly with all co-workers and supervisors
- Communicate pertinent information to supervisor and co-workers
- Care for co-workers’ rooms, carts and equipment
- Respond positively to new ideas
- Accept critical/developmental feedback openly
- Report to work on time
- Give adequate notice if going to miss work
- Work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
Safety and Security
- Be knowledgeable of policies regarding emergency procedures.
- Minimizes safety hazards by following all safety, security rules and procedures
- Use all chemicals and cleaners properly
- Properly handle and account for keys
- Responsible for following policy and procedures regarding guest rooms, access, accountability for keys and key procedures, lost and found procedures.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach different areas of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning/inspection tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- High school or equivalent education required.
- No prior experience required. Hospitality experience desired.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associated in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
After 90 days of employment
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Long & Short Term Disability
- 401K (with match program)
- Holiday Pay
- Sick Time
After 1 year of employment
- Vacation Time (80 Hours)
The Moonrise Hotel in St. Louis, Missouri, blends cool modern design and quirky sophistication to create a truly unique boutique hotel experience. Located in The Loop- one of St. Louis' most vibrant shopping, dining and entertainment districts- the hotel offers guest a wide array of leisure activities.
We are a family of people who care about one another. From our guests, to our co-workers, to our community we put people’s needs first. We ASPIRE to help others and improve ourselves by being present, having a positive and respectful attitude, being honest and keeping our word, providing exciting service, and most importantly having fun!
TOP REASONS TO WORK FOR US:
- We've got a great product to sell!
- We have fun at work, but get the job done.
- We are independently minded and we hire people that are the same way.
- We take the competition seriously, but not ourselves.
- We are lively, enthusiastic, and fast moving
- We do what we say we are going to do and we are who we say we are.
- We're colorful, quirky, and stylish!
- We have a great benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, 401k, and more.
- We do not give you scripts, we like your free spirit, but we're professional.
- 100% of our employees have rated the hotel as a place they are proud to work at, year after year.