- $12.00 - $15.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Ask Us!, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Likely to Respond
Non-exempt, full or part time position. The line cook is responsible for Farmer Boys overall meal preparation and presentation in a consistent and efficient manner according to Farmer Boys’ standards while using independent decision-making. Employees in this position provide customers with menu items as quickly, conveniently, and efficiently as possible in a friendly manner. A line cook is also required to work with other cooks and servers/cashiers in a team like and friendly manner. Other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to food safety and sanitation procedures as trained and as directed by Manager in Charge.
- Prepares meals as assigned according to Farmer Boys cooking specifications and customer requests.
- Ensures correct portioning, sizing, packaging, plate presentation, wrapping, freshness and speed of service.
- Follows food preparation sheet to ensure appropriate stock levels for items used and provides feedback to management in regards to par levels and usage.
- Notifies the manager of any perishable items whose freshness is questionable.
- Operates, cleans and sharpens all appropriate food preparation equipment.
- Reports all spoilage and poor quality products to the manager immediately.
- Communicates with cashiers in a friendly and professional manner, ensuring correct order fulfillment.
- Maintains stock and cleanliness of required work areas as directed by the Manager in Charge.
- Follows the work schedule as posted, unless a change in the schedule is arranged with the Manager in Charge.
Behavioral Skills Needed
- Must possess and display genuine concern, care and empathy for all guests and their overall dining experience.
- Must be detail oriented and disciplined to complete assigned tasks in the pursuit of excellence.
- Must behave and act in accordance with brand standards in all areas of food safety and food preparation.
- Must understand and achieve company vision, mission, and goals.
- Must be able to work as a team member and be an effective representative of the brand.
- Must possess ability to effectively work independently or in teams, mindful of all timetables.
- Proactively protects critical limits and standards assigned to product critical control points.
- Unwavering protection of the safety of product above all other job priorities.
- Immediately notifies the Manager in Charge of any food safety risks.
- Required to periodically attend and implement assigned food safety training classes and education opportunities.
- Adheres to food safety standards and procedures.
Safety and Security
- Immediately notifies the Manager in Charge of any guest accidents or injuries, and follows established procedures.
- Protects assets at all times, but does not put self at risk.
- Practices safe work habits and reports any unsafe conditions to the Manager.
- Reads, understand and follows instructions and labeling system on all Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Minimum age requirement is 18.
- 0 3 years of cook or preparation cook or combination of experience in a restaurant or food service establishment.
- Understands the importance of quality food product and overall food safety.
- Ability to take direction, read and comprehend written instructions.
- Must be able to present State or County mandated Food Handler Card within the time allowed for the specific State or County.
Working Environment / Minimum Physical Requirements
- This is a restaurant operations job.
- May be working for periods of time in kitchen environments with higher ambient air temperatures than normal.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to the risk of fumes. The use of solvents and industrial degreasers are required regularly to clean equipment, tools and floors; the fumes occur when cleaning.
- Physical requirements include standing (up to 4 hours at time); walking, bending and stooping (while preparing food and stocking). Requirements also include lifting (up to 65 pounds) while putting away deliveries and/or stocking supplies. Approximately 99% of time is spent in a standing and/or walking mode.