Lucky Strike Bellevue Managers Bellevue, WA
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Maintains pinsetters, automatic scoring, lanes, building and all other club equipment at the highest level of efficiency.
- Efficient and prudent procurement of replacing bowling equipment parts.
- Maintaining and replenishing correct parts inventory by recording machine repairs and parts used.
- After obtaining final approvals, coordinate all repairs and replacements, from the general manager or mechanical operations director.
- Scheduling labor hours and managing the daily activity of at least 2 mechanical staff members or equivalent. Responsible for performance management and employee relations of technical staff.
- Reports to the general manager.
- Participates in the day-to-day management of the club from a technical perspective.
- Performs management tasks necessary to contribute to the efficient operation of the club.
- Abides by, maintains and trains all technical staff in machine area safety procedures and standards of operations.
- Ensures that employees are following safe working practices and have a working knowledge of all safety practices and procedures.
- Identifies repairs needed on malfunctioning bowling equipment.
- Directs employees in maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment.
- Assists employees in diagnosing malfunctioning equipment based on observation and the application of knowledge and experience.
- Trains B-mechanics and pinchasers in bowling equipment and building maintenance according to company procedures and manuals.
- Ensures that the workshop and machine area is clean and organized at all times, e.g. workbench, work area, service aisle, etc.
- Initiates, schedules, follows and updates the preventive maintenance system for all club equipment (as posted, daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly andannually).
- Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Two or more years related experience on Brunswick A-2 machines; or equivalent combination or education and experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of OSHA safety practices/procedures
- Able to lift, push, and pull up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work in an environment with high noise levels
- Regular use of hands and fingers, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms
- Open availability, including weekend nights and holidays
- Able to communicate in a clear and professional manner
- Works well with others and constructively lead/supervise employees
- Reliable, Trustworthy, Accountable and has a passion for customer service