LA French Immersion Learning Pod Instructor, Small Group - $28/hr.
- $28.00 Hourly
- Part Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
PACE provides engaging, meaningful K-8 programs that build social-emotional skills and curiosity. We’re committed to developing healthy, caring, responsible, invested citizens by improving access to personalized, quality enrichment programming for students across all income levels. We do this by combining effective small-group learning, a variety of specialty classes, individualized support, strong collaboration with schools and families, and open communication.
For more info, visit www.welcometopace.org
As a French Immersion Pod Instructor, you will play the most important role in bridging the gap for parents in need of French immersion, childcare, schooling, and 1:1 attention for their kids. Come join the first cohort of Pod Instructors, and be a part of the team that encourages development and growth through regular feedback, mentor sessions, and ongoing professional development.
- Enseignez en français à six enfants de la maternelle
- Engage and guide students in academic lessons and support social-emotional experiences as an individual and with the group
- Work with a small group of up to 6 kids daily, grades may vary from preK to 6th, depending on fit
- Lead enrichment classes using the Parker-Anderson curriculum and supplies
- Follow individualized student goals, communicate on progress, and partner with your manager to expand on the students’ current curriculum as needed
- Create a warm, fun and safe environment for all
- Mediate group conflict and demonstrate empathy
- Communicate professionally, warmly, clearly and often with parents and the PACE team, providing weekly updates and sharing concerns immediately
- Support children in realizing their potential to make meaningful contributions to the world, to be engaged in their communities, and to be good human beings
- Follow all safety guidelines
- Create your own backyard school!
- Naturally inquisitive, resourceful, and always resilient
- Adaptable and excited about the unknown as an opportunity to get creative and problem-solve
- Constantly seeking feedback with a growth mindset
- Responsible and accountable, holding yourself and others to high standards, while giving clear steps and tactful feedback to encourage growth
- Punctual (but usually early!) and have the ability to manage time, prioritize your work without compromising quality or the experience you are working to deliver
- Inspiring, especially when entertaining kids or chatting up parents
- Patient and empathetic when helping kids with work or group dynamics
- A believer in human potential and committed to helping all families and students achieve, no matter their background or beliefs
- Native French speaking or equivalent ability
- At least one year experience working with children in group settings, of ages between 3 to 12
- Experience teaching through thematic units or project-based lessons spanning multiple subjects
- A college degree or equivalent life experience
- Elementary teaching credentials, a graduate degree in a relevant subject, or similar is a plus
At PACE, we provide our instructors with support and ongoing professional development. We are an equal opportunity employer. We strive to represent the communities we serve, and are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment for all employees.