Cooks, Fryers and Prep Employees Needed
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
Reports To: BOH Manager
- One-year full service restaurant kitchen experience
- Availability to work all shifts including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- High school diploma or GED desired
- Training and certification in food handling sanitation procedures as required by local government
- Good manual dexterity
- Able to lift 50 pounds
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read tickets, either in electronic or paper form that are processed through the POS system.
- Prepare items ordered through the POS system according to recipe book.
- Maintain safety and sanitation standards at all times.¨ Rotate products according to FIFO (first in, first out) principle.
- Cover, label, date, and store prepared products.
- Maintain high standards of personal hygiene in compliance with local health ordinances.
- Clean work area, stores utensils, disassembles and cleans equipment.
- Will be exposed to a variety of hot spices (if sensitive to spicy food).
- May be required to function as prep cook handling live and raw seafood for use on the cook’s line.
- BOH employees will be required to engage in the physical action for up to an eight-hour shift:
- BOH employes will be required to lift up to fifty pounds.
- He/she works under extreme time pressures to complete orders.
- Considerable dexterity is required.
- The boiler stations entail extended periods of work over open flames.
- The fryer station entails working with shortening heated to 350 or higher degrees Fahrenheit.
- BOH employees are exposed to heat, moisture, smoke and cleaning chemicals used in the kitchen area.
Employees and applicants of The Boiling Crab, LLC will not be subject to harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited.
Thank you for your interest in employment with The Boiling Crab. Our staff is vital to our success and we value everyone in our BC family. We love to work hard and play hard and believe that our happy employees lead to happy customers. If you are fun, motivated and positive with exceptional work ethic and would like to join our team, please complete and submit this online application. We look forward to meeting you.