SILVER LAKE POOL & INN | BARBACK
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Silver Lake Pool & Inn is currently looking for a Barback.
The Bar Back will provide friendly and excellent service to every guest as well as keep the beverage area clean and stocked at all times.
- Responsible for ensuring a consistent flow of services to guest and cocktail servers by assisting bartender with their job functions.
- Ensures that bar and floors are clean and used glassware is removed from bar tops.
- Clears and wipes down tables in any lounge area in absent of a cocktail server.
- Maintains a clean work environment in accordance with Health Department standards.
- Checks glass washers for proper chemical mixture and volume.
- Maintains soap and towels at hand sinks in all bars.
- Maintains par stock levels by placing orders for wine, champagne, beer, liquor, and perishables at start of shift.
- Receives and delivers all products to appropriate outlet and stocks in accordance to specification.
- Stocks server wells in accordance to specifications with all product and supplies required.
- Cuts fruit to specification and prepares all condiment caddies.
- Collects trash from all outlets throughout shift, as well as wiping down walls behind trash containers.
- Distributes clean bar towels, as well as, collects soiled ones and discards them in the appropriate place.
- Collects all excess glasses from bars and restocks them in their appropriate outlets in accordance to specification, along with retrieving bar glassware from dish areas.
- Organizes and cleans pump rooms, coolers, and storage areas to specification.
- Sweeps and mops pump room, coolers, and storage area floors.
- Soaks and cleans soda bag-in-box hoses and nozzles.
- Replaces and rotates draught beer kegs, liquor pump rooms and soda bag-in-boxes as required.
- When assisting the bartenders with orders, uses suggestive selling/up-selling practices.
- Approaches guests and welcomes them upon arrival.
- Uses guest names during interactions and remembers their preferences.
- Promptly and professionally handles guest issues and communicates problems and concerns to management.
- Thanks guest, wishes them good luck, offers a warm farewell, and invites them back upon departure.
- Requires evidence of age of any guest who appears to be under the age of thirty (30).
- Continuously monitors bar to ensure that all guests are receiving beverage service in a timely manner.
- Attends, and satisfactorily completes all required training as assigned and required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven working experience as a bartender
- Excellent knowledge of in mixing, garnishing and serving drinks
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean
- Relevant training certificate
- Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal preferred
- Provide legible communication and directions
- Compute basic arithmetic
- Flexible schedule – must be available to work a variety of shifts
- Ability to carry up to 40lbs.
- Ability to walk, stand, and bend continuously throughout the day.
Education: High school certificate or equivalent
Experience: Previous experience preferred
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well-groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided)
We are an EEOE Employer.
Palisociety is a collection of unique hotels and residences that are synonymous with authenticity, style, innovation and good old-fashioned hospitality. We take to heart that few things in life are as transformative as the people and places you encounter when you travel. Because when all is said and done, it’s about the experience.
ABOUT PALIGROUP MANAGEMENT:
Paligroup is a fully integrated branded real estate development and hospitality operating company that acquires, programs, develops, owns, and operates unique hotels and residences. Our proprietary brands, development and operational expertise also includes specialized retail spaces, highly curated restaurants, bars and event venues. Avi Brosh founded Paligroup in 1998 and serves as its CEO.
The company's track record, current portfolio and forthcoming properties are designed to provide customers with a unique and aspirational experience. Each Paligroup branded property has a distinct personality specifically tailored to best serve its local market and neighborhood, all featuring a contemporary, sophisticated design and personalized service.