- Depends on experience
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
This is a 3-month contract (with an option to extend), (1099) position in the Los Angeles (Commerce area) only.
System Administrator to provide on-site and remote support for one of our important clients. Qualified Candidates should possess a solid working knowledge of mid-range systems, Windows servers, VMWare, and Citrix XenApp. Qualified Candidates should possess a strong working knowledge of Windows, networking, storage systems and virtualization. This position reports to the Technology Operations Manager.
- Perform daily operational activities including systems and storage administration, monitoring, and system uptime and reliability
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with IT team to implement fixes
- Ensure daily backup operations successfully complete
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level systems support
- Partner with the IT helpdesk team to provide outstanding customer service and support
- Administer system and application accounts and access
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows and Citrix XenApp based environments.
- Experience with VMware virtualization and containerization
- Experience with system performance and monitoring tools\
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Experience working with SAP is a plus
- Experience working in a multi-site manufacturing or distribution environment a plus
VegaNext started with a simple idea— to make life easier for businesses struggling to manage their IT infrastructure. With our collective experience spanning more than four decades, we knew we could make a difference. And we have. Inspired by our success at offering what we set out to do, we ventured into the newer domains of the cloud. Now we offer a diversified service portfolio that includes private and public cloud infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) solutions, managed IT services, network services, and security services.