Bar Server Assistant
The Peninsula Chicago Chicago, IL
- $9.00 - $10.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
- Initiate and maintain a friendly yet discreet and unobtrusive service in: greeting, seating and waiting on all guests.
- Understand and accurately follow the Peninsula, Forbes, LQA and Coyle standards.
- Perform all activities related to service, including but not limited to pre-service and post-service procedures, performance, and training as per standards.
- Complete daily side work and weekly deep cleaning projects.
- Comprehend and adhere to the standard sequence of service, ensuring consistency and accuracy in service techniques.
- Be able to speak to all items listed on food and beverage menus; including ingredients, methods of preparation, and proper service.
- Have basic knowledge of beverage menu items.
- Have a basic working knowledge of wine, spirits, beer.
- Support servers during service when required by server or management, including bussing and clearing tables, running food, arranging table sets, etc.
- Maintain consistent table set-ups as per standards.
- Ensure appropriate usage of all food and beverage tools, supplies, and service equipment.
- Attend and participate at all scheduled meetings and trainings.
- Ensure that employees are treated fairly and consistently to achieve high morale and minimum turnover; promote teamwork and foster a harmonious work environment.
- Give feedback regarding guest comments or complaints to the management team.
- Frequently communicate with colleagues and supervisors to maintain an excellent rapport and to stimulate continuous improvement.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all employees.
- Recognize and address potential intoxicated, disruptive or unwelcome guests.
- Report employee and guest accidents and can respond properly in a hotel emergency.
- Observe and maintain daily condition of all physical facilities and equipment, public areas and make recommendations for corrections and improvement as needed.
This Job Description is not exhaustive of all job tasks but a guide, and tasks may be added or removed by your immediate supervisor according to changes that may occur in the working environment.