Bilingual Sales Representative
- $60K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
For almost 100 years, Our Client has been innovating and improving the way Customers get insured. Our Client believes financially responsible individuals with good driving records and newer homes should benefit from the good choices they make. Our Client follows strict underwriting guidelines to offer the best rates to the most responsible people. Why should a responsible client pay for an irresponsible individual? Customers can buy insurance directly, which means there's no additional cost added to your premium to cover the commission costs of a middleman.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the essential functions of this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
· Work with customers in both the English and Spanish languages
· Generates new business opportunities and sells new business policies
· Answers face-to-face, telephone, or written inquiries from clients regarding coverage, rating, and billing procedures.
· Determines acceptability of new & renewal business per the company's Underwriting rules and guidelines using information gathered from insured, brush fire reports, motor vehicle records, CLUE reports, inspections, and risk notices from claims.
· Solicits new business and cross-sells increased or additional coverage.
· Updates rating information and verifies the accuracy of policy information
· Provides rate and coverage information to prospective clients' inquiries.
· Special projects as assigned by management.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
· Bilingual – English and Spanish
· 1+ year work experience in a related field
· Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
· Organizational skills and attention to detail. Must be able to prioritize and plan multiple tasks and assignments.
· Must be able to learn different computer programs and software applications. Working knowledge of software applications (i.e., Word, Excel) helpful.
· Must be able to work as a member of a team as well as independently.
· Must have the ability to work independently to solicit and produce new business and seek new business opportunities.
· Previous customer service, sales, insurance experience preferred
· Active Property/Casualty and/or Life Insurance License
· College degree preferred