- compensation depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Health Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Southern California's most exciting collection of pubs and brewhouses is looking for friendly, energetic, and professional Kitchen Staff members for our new Ojai location, opening soon. Applicants must be able to work well as part of a team, be detail oriented and organized, possess the ability to take direction well and must be eager to learn. The ideal candidate will thrive in a positive, high volume, and teamwork based work environment.
Position Summary: Our Kitchen Staff will be part of the overall team and have several responsibilities. Along with kitchen duties of preparing food and dish washing, the kitchen staff will be expected to deliver food to guests as well as buss tables, allowing for them to participate in the tip pool.
- Set up stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through dish machine.
- Sort and stack clean dishes. Carry clean dishes to cook’s line and other proper storage areas. Rewash soiled dishes before delivering.
- Change dishwater in dish machine every hour.
- Remove trash and garbage to dumpster.
- Set up or break down dishwashing area.
- Fill/empty soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions.
- Sweep/mop floors.
- Sweep up trash around exterior of restaurant and garbage dumpster.
- Conduct general restaurant and restroom cleaning as directed.
- Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry.
- Proven cooking experience, minimum 2 years.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Follow specific plating desired by the chef or the standards provided by the restaurant.
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Food Handlers Card
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
*This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
*All job offers are contingent of a successful background screening
Artisanal Brewers Collective is the parent company for a growing collection of pubs, brewhouses, and neighborhood joints in Southern California. We are passionate about brewing great beer, making delicious food that is both vegan friendly and non-vegan, and providing an atmosphere that our guests will find welcoming and entertaining. Check us out in Downtown LA, Echo Park, Burbank, San Diego, and West LA, as well as other locations coming soon.