Restaurant General Manager Experienced
- $58K - $65K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
We are seeking General Manager candidates for our locations in Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley. Candidates must have high standards and have a passion and dedication for developing people to reach their goals and achieve financial results.
General Managers must;
- Have effective leadership skills
- Understand the value of ongoing training for their managers and employees
- Be able to positively motivate their team to insure quality in standards, product, location cleanliness, and customer service
- Be able to increase sales through staff training and education while utilizing opportunities in the neighborhood (outreach programs, schools, local business, etc.…)
- Be able to meet the location’s financial goals without negatively affecting customer service, morale, quality products, and location cleanliness.
MIK General Managers are responsible for delivering financial, human resource, motivational and operational results through:
•Setting and maintaining the standard of food, service, safety and cleanliness.
•Caring for the needs of the guest and providing problem resolution when necessary.
•Selection and training of team members, providing mentoring, developing, managing and leading the team in accordance with Maria's Italian Kitchen standards.
•Quality control of operations including line checks, plate presentation and facility walkthroughs.
•Maintaining the image of Maria's Italian Kitchen including the presentation of the restaurant facility and the presentation of team members.
•Ensuring restaurant management compliance with all federal, state and local wage and hour laws and labor and employment laws including meal break compliance.
•Monitoring cost controls, including but not limited to, food, beverage, labor and all other controllable cost items.
•Establishing and managing sales goals for each target area- dine in, catering, takeout and check average.
•Responsible for the profitability of the restaurant without compromising the standard of service, food & beverage or maintenance of facility.
Other duties as assigned.
•Pro-active, self-motivated and successful problem solver
•Experience managing a full service restaurant as a General Manager for at least 3 years
•Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information and data
•Decision making skills, organizational and conflict resolution skills
•Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing and selection practices
•Proficient in MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer)
•Exceptional interpersonal and team building skills
•Attention to detail
•Ability to manage with minimal supervision
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical/dental insurance, life and short-term disability insurance, paid time off, professional development and career path opportunities.
If you are looking for a career opportunity in restaurant management with advancement potential, Maria's Italian Kitchen is it!
We LOVE…Pasta, Teamwork, Caring People, and a Positive Work Environment. If you love what we love come JOIN our TEAM.
Maria's Italian Kitchen is one of those grand American success stories. It began in the Italian quarter of Hoboken, New Jersey, where Maria grew up learning the recipes for real Italian food of Naples from her mother, Luisa. Maria's Italian Kitchen offers a diverse menu offering fresh and flavorful dishes served by our personable and knowledgeable team.
Our passion is our people, Team Members and Guests alike- our success is driven by Maria's Italian Kitchen's strong company culture of great food, hospitality and atmosphere.
Benefits for eligible employees
Growth within the company
A FUN work environment
100% Woman Owned Business
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO SUCCEED AT MIK?
Que se necesita para tener exito en MIK?
1. You gotta love PEOPLE
Te tiene que gustar a la gente
2. Being Genuinely NICE is a MUST have
Se necista ser genialmente simpatico/a
3. Value Quality Service and Food
Valorar servicio y comida de calidad
4. Be Committed to the Job
Compormeterse al trabajo
5. Be a Team Player
Ser parte de un equipo
6. Doing the Right thing, especially when no one is looking
Hacer lo correcto, especialmente cuando alguien no este mirando
7. Think what is best for the Customer, your Co-Worker, and the Company
Tener en mente lo mejor para el Cliente, tus compañeros, y la compania
8. Know the Value of your position
Conocer el valor de tu posicion
9. Know YOUR Value to the Team
Conocer tu valor al equipo
10. Smile and have FUN at Work
Sonreir y divertirse en el trabajo