- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Hunt Regional Healthcare in Greenville TX is looking for a full time RRT with level III NICU experience, Nights.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Respiratory Therapy sets up and operates various types of respiratory care equipment to be utilized in the diagnosis and treatment of respiratory disease and/or cardiac disease.
- When qualified by experience and trained may perform the duties of an RRT.
- NICU as applicable.
- Certificate program graduate
- Texas State license as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
- National Board Respiratory Care as a Registered Respiratory Therapist required.
- Appropriate CPR Certification.
- Experience: One year including ICU experience. ACLS and PALS preferred.
- Prefer NRP prior to working NICU.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the HMHD Compliance Plan.
- Conduct reflects HMHD’s values and a commitment to HMHD’s Code of Conduct.
- Attends the required corporate integrity and compliance training and education programs.
- Demonstrates proficiency in understanding the materials presented during the corporate integrity and compliance training and education program.
- Complies with all HIPAA standards.
- Performs any and/or all of the duties of the CRT as required.
- Explains purpose and procedure of treatments, tests and equipment to the patient.
- Assists with planning, coordination and supervision of the activities of technical staff during the assigned shift.
- Is responsible for coordination with the charge therapist emergency coverage when the need arises.
- Consults with and advises staff technicians regarding the proper use of equipment, management of difficult patients.
- Assists in review of therapeutic and diagnostic lab policies and procedures. Recommends new policies and procedures or revision of existing ones as needed.
- Takes an active role in in-service education of the technicians as well as the orientation of nursing personnel to Respiratory Therapy.
- Conducts physician prescribed treatments of a routine nature operating various modalities in order to administer prescribed medicinal vapors and gases, humidity, and varied oxygen concentrations to the respiratory system.
- Able to perform all therapy and procedures as deemed in Policy and Procedure manuals.
- Must be able to determine the acid base balance efficiency of ventilation, and metabolism of the respiratory system.
- Performs therapeutic and diagnostic lab duties along with other duties
- Sets up, operates, and monitors ventilators when patient respiratory system is incapable of adequate spontaneous ventilation.
- Assists in maintaining an appropriate inventory of all necessary therapeutic and diagnostic equipment and supplies.
- Ensures the adequate maintenance of ventilation and assists with chest compressions during cardio-pulmonary resuscitation.
- Performs EKG, and performs or assists with Stress test, stress echocardiograms when appropriate competencies have been completed.
- Records all pertinent information of treatments, and patient response to treatments, on respiratory care records within the HIM system (Meditech).
- Makes regular rounds, checking patient’s oxygen equipment, as well as spot checking other respiratory therapy equipment on a timely basis.
- Is responsible for coordination with the charge therapist coverage when the need arises.
- Helps to maintain a clean, neat and orderly condition in department and surroundings.
- Processes and assures all equipment cleaned and stored properly for timely use when needed.
- Consistently reports to work at the scheduled time and is ready to work at the start of the assigned shift.
- Does not have excessive call-ins.
- Attends to personal matters outside of work time to avoid productivity problems or conflicts.
- Does not excessively get on the internet or personal phone calls.
- Consistently maintains a neat, professional appearance.
- Aware of and assists with QI program within the department.
- Has a thorough understanding of Hospital Fire, Safety and Disaster plans.
- Assists in maintaining equipment in good repair. Tags and notifies director when equipment fails.
- Willing to consult (and be consulted) with other staff and physicians in the proper performance and interpretation of tests or procedures.
- Strives to recognize and evaluate personal strengths and weaknesses; handles personal and professional frustrations appropriately.
- Processes, performs, and reports EKG’s in HeartStation appropriately and consistently.
- Consistently performs duties and responsibilities in a timely manner with minimal direct supervision required.
- Shows good judgment in performance of job duties by following Cardiopulmonary and hospital policy and procedures.
- Responds to changes in work schedule as required, including holiday and weekend coverage.
- Identifies possible problems and provides constructive criticism and ideas for solutions to the nursing staff and/or director to help keep a positive environment.
- Gets with manager or director to assure competency on all equipment. If not confident finds time to get with peer to assure competency.
- Inspires confidence from co-workers and other departments by performing and communicating in a highly professional manner at all times.
- Helps maintain and stock supplies for the department.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize and set priorities.
- Consistently uses tact and maintains a professional attitude when dealing with patients, staff, and other employees.
- Always maintains confidentiality in regard to patient information. Knowledgeable about HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Consistently organizes and executes tasks and duties to maintain optimal productivity.
- Consistently has Vocera reporting done prior to the oncoming shift arriving.
- Consistently projects the hospital’s positive, care image in all patients, business and community interactions.
- Maintains diagnostic test log sheets and insures that patient information is entered into the department’s information system.
- Consistently calls team members when finished with assignments to see if they need help before taking a break.
- Reports treatments to be conducted and condition of patients to relief personnel.
- Attends conferences, in-services and classes to keep current with trends in Respiratory Therapy.
- Actively participates in Cardiopulmonary meetings and huddles for consistent department communication.
Would you like to have a positive influence on the lives of patients and families in Hunt County, Texas? With a career at Hunt Regional Healthcare, you’ll have that chance.
As a member of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to live out our mission and vision through service-oriented care. Hunt Regional aims to be the preferred health care system in the communities and surrounding areas we serve. We do that through state-of-the-art technology, continually advancing service lines, and through providing a safe healing environment and outstanding patient experience for each individual we treat. Our values and quality care set our organization apart.
Hunt Regional Healthcare is proud to offer a competitive benefits package that is designed to work for you. If you're looking for premium healthcare coverage, you've come to the right organization.
Core benefits include:
- Medical benefits
- Dental & vision benefits
- Long-term disability
- Voluntary accidental death & dismemberment
- Life insurance
We also provide a robust supplementary benefits package, including:
- Prescription coverage
- Wellness perks
- Employee counseling
- Retirement packages
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation time off
- Generous sick leave allowance
- Other voluntary benefits