- $18.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Likely to Respond
Who We Are:
Soho House & Co is a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada and Europe, with new openings planned for all global regions, with the addition of Asia in 2019.
Our third House in Los Angeles will occupy a 100-year-old, 80,000sq ft warehouse in Downtown’s Arts District. As well as three restaurants and 48 bedrooms, it will have a private event space, a gym, two club floors – including a courtyard restaurant and bar – and a rooftop pool.
A breakfast cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry and/or stations or other areas of the kitchen.
Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
Supervises kitchen staff along side Sous Chef and Kitchen Management.
Prepares all food items ads directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef or Kitchen Manager at any time.
Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
Previous prep or line cook experience.
English language and professional communications skills are required.
Ability to take direction.
Ability to work in a team environment.
Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.
Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
This position will spend 100% of the time standing.
Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.
The individual must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion and up to 35 pounds regularly.
Must be able speak, read and understand basic cooking directions.
Why work with us...
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career internationally.
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.
- Health Care: Full time employees are offered; Medical, Dental & Vision
- Retirement: 401K with a company match of 2%
At Soho House culture is everything and we believe that our Houses are only as good as the people who work within them. Whether it’s a private members’ club, hotel, restaurant, spa or gym each of our sites has its own style and atmosphere. We aim to make sure that all our guests and members have a great time and we firmly believe it’s our people who make that happen.
See for yourself click the links below to watch how we work…