Reports to: Chief Administrative Officer
Position Summary: The Human Resources Director is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the Company’s human resource function.
1) Leads company’s compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal requirements including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Department of Labor, worker compensation, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
2) Maintains minimal company exposure to lawsuits
3) Ability to work closely with international counterparts to limit workplace issues due to the multicultural nature of our business
4) Establishes and maintains company records and reports; able to direct others in the organization and adherence to record-keeping guidelines
5) Maintains company organization charts and employee directory
6) Supports management by providing human resources direction, advice and counsel
7) Ability to coach and mentor team members through the process of understanding the needs and responsibilities of human resources within a large multi-national organization
8) Understanding of cultural norms, traditions, and working with diverse teams
9) Guides management and employee actions by developing HR guidelines, communicating the guidelines and enforcing organization values
10) Annually reviews and makes recommendations to executive management for improvement of the organization's policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
11) Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization's compliance.
12) Communicates changes in the organization's personnel policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is followed.
13) Assists executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization's wage and salary program.
14) Coordinates or conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
15) Consults with in house and outside legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the General Counsel on personnel matters.
16) Works directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters
17) Recommends, evaluates and participates in staff development for the organization.
18) Develops and maintains a human resource information system that meets the organization's personnel information needs.
19) Supervises the staff of the human resource department.
20) Participates on committees and special projects and seeks additional responsibilities.
21) Administer employee benefits programs such as retirement plans; medical, dental, vision plans; life insurance plans; temporary disability programs; and wellness programs.
22) Evaluate and compare existing company benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys and other sources of information. Plan, develop and/or participate in area and industry surveys. Analyze results of surveys and develop specific recommendations for review by management.
23) Directs recruitment and staffing to help Company achieve its hiring goals
1. Bachelor's degree
2. 4 to 10 years' related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3. Must be able to speak, read, and write English fluently.
4. SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential, preferred
5. Food & Beverage Industry experience, preferred
6. Ability to speak, read and write Spanish as well as English, preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
*The terms and conditions upon job offer are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background screening. E-Verify is used to confirm that employees are able to legally work in the United States.
We at Artisanal Brewers Collective are passionate about brewing great beer, making delicious food that is both vegan friendly and non-vegan, all while providing an atmosphere that our guests will find welcoming and entertaining. We currently have several establishments in Downtown LA, Echo Park, Burbank and West LA, with other locations coming soon!
An employer's Response Score represents how likely they are to respond to an application.