Director of Nursing - Providence Place
- $85K - $95K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
The Director of Nursing manages all functions of the nursing department and is accountable to maximize utilization of nursing resources and ensure optimum resident and patient care. The Director of Nursing evaluates, develops, and manages new programs, services, projects, and directs assigned departments to contribute to the overall success of the Care Center.
The Director of Nursing will report to the Administrator. The Director of Nursing will provide leadership, direction and supervision, and must have a thorough knowledge of the practices and procedures used in long term care facilities. Effective in establishing and maintaining a positive rapport with staff, residents, outside vendors, and clients. The Director of Nursing will possess a genuine interest in and concern for geriatric, chronically ill, and/or disabled persons. The Director of Nursing must have strong written and oral communication skills as well as be able understand written an oral instructions and be able to fluently communicate in or to take or give direction or guidance in the English language.
- Regular attendance is considered an essential function of this position and is necessary for the efficient operation of the business
- Supervises and directs all assigned staff, and partners with Human Resources in completion of all administrative duties to include but not limited to; personnel action forms, annual evaluations, employee relation needs, corrective action, incident reporting, interviewing, hiring, onboarding and training all staff members.
- Responsible for the effective and legal hiring and retention of all direct and indirect employees, utilizing input from the Human Resources office regarding baseline qualifications, and other background and references information, to make sound and correct hiring decisions.
- Responsible for successfully completing annual Relias courses plus ongoing supervisor/ management/leadership oriented training, with verification being the submittal of applicable documentation (which may include off-site education credit hours, CEU’s, etc.) to the Human Resources office to be included in the appropriate personnel file.
- Responsible for the supervision and oversight of the Clinical Managers and completion of all assigned employee’s training, including in-services and mandatories, on a timely and compliant basis.
- Responsible for the provision of professional/constructive feedback, coaching and mentoring of assigned employees.
- Responsible for the timely and compliant administration of progressive discipline, when necessary.
- Prior to notifying any affected employee, responsible for consulting with Human Resources and notifying the Administrator of any change of status; including terminations, suspensions, pay rate changes, job title changes, benefits changes, and corrective actions.
- Provides efficient delivery of cost effective care through appropriately developing, implementing, and improving management systems and procedures within budgetary constraints and through exercising excellent managerial leadership and control.
- Facilitates appropriate communication and management direction to department heads consistent with Providence Place and Glencroft goals and objectives.
- Initiates and monitors quality improvement activities in nursing department to ensure optimal resident and patient outcomes and giving documentation in conformance and compliance to licensure and regulations.
- Maintains ultimate accountability for all assigned departmental budgets, including managing FTE levels in those departments.
- Accountable for compliance with Federal, State, and Care Center standards through the appropriate evaluation and monitoring of nursing service activities.
- Participates in strategic, long-range planning and program development and clinical, in-service, and leadership training for the nursing department.
- Maintains the satisfaction of the medical staff and resident and patient population through the evaluation of new and existing dementia and rehab programs, staffing levels, progressive clinical standards and practice services, and ongoing quality assurance with medical director(s).
- Visits all new residents within 24 hours after admission, (or designates to lead nurses) and assures systems that foster customer service and welcoming, proactive compliance monitoring and prevention.
- Participates and assists with the annual marketing plan development with the Marketing Team.
- Participates in all committees meetings as assigned.
- Available to be “on-call” status that may require evening, night or weekend duties.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
To function effectively in this position, the incumbent should possess a Registered Nurse License in the state of Arizona, an advanced degree in nursing preferably. The incumbent must have five years experience as a department head. Requires current knowledge of operational practices in all areas of responsibility. The incumbent must possess excellent human relations and communication skills to provide effective working relationships, especially to department heads and supervisory staff. Must be computer literate. Must have the ability to simultaneously address multiple projects, demands and issues and make correct decisions in a busy operational environment.
The vision of Glencroft is to create an environment that inspires seniors to experience enriched and fulfilling lives. Glencroft is the largest Senior Living Community in Arizona and the 4th largest in the nation. The community sits on 40 lush acres of citrus trees and grass. We offer all-inclusive services to our residents which consists of housekeeping, security, meals, transportation and activities.
To provide a broad continuum of high quality senior services in a manner that demonstrates Christian love and compassion we select only the best employees. If you are passionate about your job and working with seniors in a team-orientated work environment, then we want you.